Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do produce a green variant, but do not include the calmer Jean head, you can simply take your EX head from the Dark version and put it on the green. That is what I would do should the green actually happen.

If they do produce a green variant, but do not include the calmer Jean head, you can simply take your EX head from the Dark version and put it on the green. That is what I would do should the green actually happen.

I'm sure it will be the calm head, for the Green variant. Calm head itself on Dark Phoenix seemed to be aimed to give a Jean portrait for those who wanted to customize it into Green Phoenix, before they were allowed to make a proper variant

I've seen a recent quote by Alex about the single portrait, check maybe the last post she did, I really don't remember

EDIT: yes, her latest reply in the Ask thread:

Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
hmm, maybe ill hold off ordering the dark phoenix for now,, but even if theres a green variant, will they include both heads

The variant (if it happens) will only include one portrait.

She said only one portrait

OK, thanks guys. That changes things for me then.

If I ordered the DP PF, I would. However, I didn't. I only want a green Phoenix for my collection. So, I guess I'm just stuck with waiting until I see which portrait they are going to use on the green variant.

The way I see it ...a green variant won't hurt me at all. I love how this Dark Phoenix looks ...with both portraits ...so I'd enjoy having her no matter what. I doubt they'll make a green variant, tho.

The way I see it ...a green variant won't hurt me at all. I love how this Dark Phoenix looks ...with both portraits ...so I'd enjoy having her no matter what. I doubt they'll make a green variant, tho.

SSC has already said that the door is now open for a green variant. Misney execs obviously changed their minds and are now allowing SSC to release a green variant. Why wouldn't they? It's not like SSC would have to make any major changes to the sculpt to release a variant. It's just basically nothing more than a repaint and we all know a green Phoenix will sell well. I see no reason not to make one if Misney is now on board with it,

SSC has already said that the door is now open for a green variant. Misney execs obviously changed their minds and are now allowing SSC to release a green variant. Why wouldn't they? It's not like SSC would have to make any major changes to the sculpt to release a variant. It's just basically nothing more than a repaint and we all know a green Phoenix will sell well. I see no reason not to make one if Misney is now on board with it,

Where did you read this?

Sure ...the door seems to be open now, but again from Alex's and Igo's comments the odds of it happening is smaller than not. Remember they hinted at a "slight" chance. I'm going with the odds here ...my guess. You're going with you're guess ...based on your speculation. Do you really believe either one of us is wrong at this point?

Sure ...the door seems to be open now, but again from Alex's and Igo's comments the odds of it happening is smaller than not. Remember they hinted at a "slight" chance. I'm going with the odds here ...my guess. You're going with you're guess ...based on your speculation. Do you really believe either one of us is wrong at this point?

I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm just saying SSC originally planned to release a variant and was shot down by Misney. Obviously, events have changed and now they are being allowed to release a variant that they had wanted to release from the very beginning. I just personally can't see SSC leaving money on the table for what basically amounts to nothing more than a repaint. Besides, why would Alex even make the comment that a door is open for a variant green Phoenix if they have no plans to make one?

I'm not saying anyone is wrong. I'm just saying SSC originally planned to release a variant and was shot down by Misney. Obviously, events have changed and now they are being allowed to release a variant that they had wanted to release from the very beginning. I just personally can't see SSC leaving money on the table for what basically amounts to nothing more than a repaint. Besides, why would Alex even make the comment that a door is open for a variant green Phoenix if they have no plans to make one?

We don't know what the decision is yet. You're thinking it's already set. Alex was cautious with her words ...she hinted at a slight chance. I'd take her word for it. If SSC was already "allowed", then Alex would've said a variant was for certain. Wait until the decision is made before you can say the variant is "allowed".

That's a huge maybe at best. And personally, I don't care if they do it.

For the record, it is a maybe. However, consider what's been said by Alex. The door is open to a green but not white variant. She also said that a possible green variant would only come with one portrait. Why go to the trouble of posting that a green variant is a possibility if they have no interest in making one? Then, why go into further detail and say a possible green variant would only come with one portrait? That doesn't sound like they have little or no interest in releasing a variant. That sounds to me like they'd like to get a variant released but may have to jump through some Misney hoops to make it happen. Remember how long Misney held up the Jean Grey PF? I think that's the main reason SSC is saying that a green variant is a possibility. SSC has to factor in Misney's approval or rejection of the final product and any possible timing issues with the character and their approved character list. SSC had planned to release a variant from the get go. Misney execs blocked them for whatever reason. Now the door is open again. I can't think of a single reason why SSC wouldn't want to make a green variant. I think it's Misney that'll be the deciding factor as to whether or not we see a variant green Phoenix PF get released or not. Only time will tell unless SSC Reps just shut the door and say it's not happening. That obviously isn't the case given Alex's statements.

I'm with you, bro. I said as much, too ...a green variant doesn't hurt me much.

I personally have never cared for variants. My biggest issue is when they are released after the original PF with no notice because that can lead to regrets if you purchased the original PF but prefer the variant. Also, I will never display 2 statues in my collection that are basically identical. So, if I were in a position that I like the variant more than the original PF I purchased, I'd just end up selling the original and buy the variant for my collection. Thankfully, that's never happened to me. The only variant statue I purchased was Sabretooth. I hated the cloth on the 1st PF so I passed on it. I was thrilled that SSC offered a fully sculpted classic variant with an EX portrait. It was the best of all worlds for me personally and I jumped on it. I'm very glad to have that variant in my collection. I imagine I would feel the same way if SSC does go ahead and releases a green variant Phoenix PF and it looks good.

We don't know what the decision is yet. You're thinking it's already set. Alex was cautious with her words ...she hinted at a slight chance. I'd take her word for it. If SSC was already "allowed", then Alex would've said a variant was for certain. Wait until the decision is made before you can say the variant is "allowed".

My allowed comments are strictly aimed at Misney. They are the ones who shot the variant down from the start and now are allowing/opening the door for a green variant. I understand that nothing is set until the fat lady sings but what we are hearing from Alex is a hole lot more hopeful than what we heard earlier when Igo said Misney shot down all of the variants that they had planned for Phoenix. For now, there's at least a possibility that it can happen and I hope SSC can seal the deal.

I don't care if they make a green variant or not, but what I don't understand is that it's $500 and the Wolverine is $480. I like the Phoenix with those PVC flames but how can it be more than the Wolverine. You get a little bit more with the Wolvie. All you get with the Phoenix is a body and some flames.

My allowed comments are strictly aimed at Misney. They are the ones who shot the variant down from the start and now are allowing/opening the door for a green variant. I understand that nothing is set until the fat lady sings but what we are hearing from Alex is a hole lot more hopeful than what we heard earlier when Igo said Misney shot down all of the variants that they had planned for Phoenix. For now, there's at least a possibility that it can happen and I hope SSC can seal the deal.

Right ...there's a possibility ...there's a chance. But it's not set.

Think of it this way ...the only door reopened by Misney is the opportunity to rethink their decision. Misney can still come back and say no. Compared to previously where the door was closed and it was a flat NO. Misney is not allowing anything except the opportunity to rethink it.

Back