Dark Phoenix PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really thinking about getting the ss dp repainted green. I think she would look great with the calm ex portrait. Then I could go get the xm phoenix painted red and I think she would look epic red. Size wise it would create the look I want as well

That's a great idea. Have you seen a custom red XM Phoenix ? Iv seen a white one but not red yet.

That's a great idea. Have you seen a custom red XM Phoenix ? Iv seen a white one but not red yet.
Not yet. I think I saw someone do a photoshop and it was really cool. I just think the size and presence and whited eyes would make a perfect DP. I also love the ss exclusive but I think that is am ideal green. Yup...I'm sold...time to find a painter

Wow, had to dig this up from page 6. Well, according to Alex over at SF, the door is now open for a green variant. Hope it happens and we get both the portraits that come with the Dark Phoenix PF. Let the grumbling begin.

Last edited:
Let me tell you what you are doing . You are changing the argument because you can't refute my last point.

The point the entire time was debating whether it was a good idea to wait for a discount or to preorder right away. The collector who waited a couple of weeks to buy the dark Phoenix PF received a 5% code did they not? Had they preordered on day 1 this would have been impossible. Last I checked buying something for 5% or 10% off is better than paying retail is it not?

oh in case you missed it. I ordered Spider-Man last week for 10%($47) off and had it shipped on Friday. Last I heard he is arguably Marvel's most popular character. So what is it about Dark Phoenix that makes it impossible to have further discounts on her?

I hate to be a **** and rub this in your face but I've been right for the past 9 months. Not only has Sideshow stopped these 10% off promotions, international customers were in fact better off preordering day one had they flexed and financed their purchase over the past 8 months.

As you can see (as I predicted) the USD has depreciated in relation to the CAD dollar. It will probably suck balls for UK customers that didn't flex or pay early since the British pound has gone to ****.

I also think the USD will spike in December making this more expensive for those that didn't flex or order early...

I probably saved more than 50$ on currency conversion / spread.

I hate to be a **** and rub this in your face but I've been right for the past 9 months. Not only has Sideshow stopped these 10% off promotions, international customers were in fact better off preordering day one had they flexed and financed their purchase over the past 8 months.

As you can see (as I predicted) the USD has depreciated in relation to the CAD dollar. It will probably suck balls for UK customers that didn't flex or pay early since the British pound has gone to ****.

I also think the USD will spike in December making this more expensive for those that didn't flex or order early...

I probably saved more than 50$ on currency conversion / spread.

Oh my god what a loser. The argument was always preordering day 1 vs. waiting for coupons. You are constantly changing the argument. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you order multiple orders with the discount coupon? You wouldn't have saved that money if you preordered on day one. Currency fluctuations and flex pay doesn't change that.

Rub it in my face? How am I wrong. You were the one going around telling all of us how much you saved with the 10% off coupon just a couple of months back? I resisted rubbing it in your face back then and now you think you are right? You are truly laughable.

What does the currency fluctuation have to do with anything? In case you didn't know...no one can predict currency fluctuations. So what if you saved $50 on currency conversion? I'd rather save a sure $50 on a coupon. Just use your common sense. Would you want to save $50 by using a coupon or by betting on currency fluctuations.

Last edited:
Wow, had to dig this up from page 6. Well, according to Alex over at SF, the door is now open for a green variant. Hope it happens and we get both the portraits that come with the Dark Phoenix PF. Let the grumbling begin.

I think Alex mentioned that if they were to do the green variant, it would likely have only one portrait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rulk! This is how you properly rub it in someone's face and win an argument (yes I wasted 10min of my life finding these quotes but I had to do it :))
For those that don't know what we are talking about Rulk was criticising a bunch of members who advocated against preordering items on day 1. We argued that it would be smarter to wait since the ES was not set on preorder day and coupons that came up later on would knock down the price (by up to 10%).

Sorry to derail the thread fellas but Rulk started the argument back up again and I'm gonna finish it.
And Rulk please don't bring up the fact that they discontinued the coupons. The coupons were available to use on items such as Green Goblin, Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, Dark Knight Batman.......... Sideshow discontinuing the coupons on newer items does not change the fact that the coupons worked and you could've saved a lot of money by waiting for the coupons. Last I checked the coupons are still available for older items just that they are limited to 1 per account. Sideshow is starting to to announce the ES on newer items so going forward you may have to preorder early to secure your statue but that was not the condition months ago.

I received a 56$ discount on this one, thats what made me jump the gun and PO.

I was able to use 10% off codes for Green Goblin, Symbiote Spidey, Red Son Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman

To be honest if it hadn't been for those codes I'd never hit the PO button

I think these codes are handed out based on the number of NRD canceled orders. Brilliant marketing strategy

I had two separate 10% off coupons work for Green Goblin and Symbiote

I suppose I could try for Cap Marvel but I'd rather wait for more XMEN and Batman rogues

knocked the price down to $400 after coupon and NRD, sold of PCS Balrog USA Robe, pocketed enuff for this and a deposit on Symbiote Spidey.

win / win

Thanks to those that pointed out the 10% off coupons, I was on the fence about Symbiote Spidey and Green Goblin.

Saved like $100, entirely grateful.

knocked the price down to $400 after coupon and NRD, sold of PCS Balrog USA Robe, pocketed enuff for this and a deposit on Symbiote Spidey.

win / win

Hey Rulk why didn't you order these items on day 1 again? Seems like you saved an awful lot of money with those coupons we were telling you about :)

Oh Lord.
The british pound lost value because of Brexit. For those who don't know, Britain voted for leaving the European Union, which means their currency took a hit.
But this wasn't even in the talks when Dark Phoenix went on PO, so I call bulls--t on anyone "foreseeing" the loss of value of GBP based on something that nobody knew would have happened and wasn't even speculated back then.
I don't know about the Canadian Dollar, but the Euro remained pretty much stable throughout the whole year, 1 USD is about 0.86-0.90€. And it shifts from day to day up and down so you can't really time your payments to match the most favorable exchange rates.

What you people need to understand is that for international customers, it goes like this: you order, you pay, and when you receive the package you drop another 150$ or so in customs fees. Saving 10% with discount codes is cool but in fact it's like paying an extra 100$ instead of 150$ for customs fees, bottom line; trying to save 20$ by timing payments with currency exchange rates it's just too much of an hassle for the actual savings it gives.
The reason why international people WAIT to order is that no discount code and no timed-exchange-rate-saving-omg serves any purpose if what you receive is a piece of junk.
That's why, it's not worth it, people here want to see if the statue is good, then they order. We spend 50$ more because of missed discount codes or bad conversion rates? So be it, but at least we're not overpaying to receive a Winter Soldier PF. It's a matter of peace of mind.
And don't get me started on the hassle of going through replacements if you're international, maybe with a CS guy telling you that your f---ed up statue is "good, it has small flaws because each one is different and handmade, durr".

And since people are quoting themselves here, I'll do it too and run for the prize "2016 best Seer" about why discount codes were canned. "People abusing them my a--":
And my post is coming from someone who bought Phoenix and Marvel just a few days after PO and being in Europe I could have really used those discounts, considering how heavy are customs fees here. But I don't even dream of asking for them to be retroactively applied to my orders. Those who buy early do it either because they can and don't care (so they won't care much of discount codes either, which is my case) OR because they're still afraid of missing out on a statue. And that's the reason why they haven't got the discount, they traded the discount for an early sense of security. Nobody forced them.
And calling the company, demanding for that discount, pointing out that other people are getting it and it's unfair won't surely bring the company to give that 10% discount to all orders, if anything they'll shut down the codes.
"I'm a grown up man spending thousands of dollars in collectibles, let me stir s--t up because someone else got their statue for 50$ less". This is what happens, it's the spoiled man-child logic behind the gesture that makes me so harsh.
We can debate all day about this situation of the codes being right or wrong with early supporters getting the stick and so on, I would probably agree. People bought early 1-2 statues and paid 50-100$ more this time? Ok, live with it and next time they'll watch out and try to snag that discount for themselves. I just won't agree with any action that literally f--ks other people.

Oh my god what a loser. The argument was always preordering day 1 vs. waiting for coupons. You are constantly changing the argument. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you order multiple orders with the discount coupon? You wouldn't have saved that money if you preordered on day one. Currency fluctuations and flex pay doesn't change that.

Rub it in my face? How am I wrong. You were the one going around telling all of us how much you saved with the 10% off coupon just a couple of months back? I resisted rubbing it in your face back then and now you think you are right? You are truly laughable.

What does the currency fluctuation have to do with anything? In case you didn't know...no one can predict currency fluctuations. So what if you saved $50 on currency conversion? I'd rather save a sure $50 on a coupon. Just use your common sense. Would you want to save $50 by using a coupon or by betting on currency fluctuations.

Didn't read most of this nonsense, but I guess it makes you a loser because judging from your 8 other posts declaring why I was wrong... you did the exact same thing. LOSER.

You guys are idiots, irrespective of Brexit the USD depreciated over the past 8 months, and Sideshow stopped allowing those discounts. Correct?

You guys don't use common sense or logic and throw a temper tantrum when FACTs dispute your idiocy.

Hey Rulk! This is how you properly rub it in someone's face and win an argument (yes I wasted 10min of my life finding these quotes but I had to do it :))
For those that don't know what we are talking about Rulk was criticising a bunch of members who advocated against preordering items on day 1. We argued that it would be smarter to wait since the ES was not set on preorder day and coupons that came up later on would knock down the price (by up to 10%).

Sorry to derail the thread fellas but Rulk started the argument back up again and I'm gonna finish it.
And Rulk please don't bring up the fact that they discontinued the coupons. The coupons were available to use on items such as Green Goblin, Dark Phoenix, Aquaman, Dark Knight Batman.......... Sideshow discontinuing the coupons on newer items does not change the fact that the coupons worked and you could've saved a lot of money by waiting for the coupons. Last I checked the coupons are still available for older items just that they are limited to 1 per account. Sideshow is starting to to announce the ES on newer items so going forward you may have to preorder early to secure your statue but that was not the condition months ago.

Hey Rulk why didn't you order these items on day 1 again? Seems like you saved an awful lot of money with those coupons we were telling you about :)

Those coupons worked because of a loop hole. I wouldn't have ordered any of those had they not.

In fact I don't order anymore now that they have been removed.

Consistently I have not been able to use those codes. And look the Symbiote Spider-Man sold out before it shipped.

USD is 0.90 euros now.
Has been between 0.86 and 0.90 almost whole year. Actually, 0.90 is pretty much the highest ever in 2 years or so.
But you're right, I should have totally timed flex payments (that are outside my control btw) so that those 60$ payments happened right when it was 0.86 and save a whopping 2,4$ on that installment.

It was 0.69 during March when most peoples flexpays started.

Instead of a 10% discount thru Sideshow, Canadians such as myself have (and will pay) 20% LESS than what they would pay on a full pay

The argument was based on why it MIGHT be beneficial for some INTERNATIONAL customers to preorder early and flex pay early.

You guys don't read and post a bunch of non-sensible generalizations. The coupons don't work anymore correct? Congratulations, you exposed the principles of supply and demand for a month.

Wat.
What currency are you talking about? Here, 15 March 2016, 1 USD was 0.90€ already:
https://www.x-rates.com/historical/?from=EUR&amount=1&date=2016-03-15
I would give my left ball for 1 USD to be 0.69€, has been above 0.80 for nearly 2 years.

As I stated in the post before: "I do not know about the Canadian Dollar". I literally mean, I have no clue, I don't keep track of currencies I don't use. But I assure you that USD/EUR exchange rate has barely shifted, up or down. And USD/GBP rates wouldn't have shifted if it wasn't for Brexit, either.

But you still keep missing the point, you're too busy calling other people idiots to realize that on average, international customers are concerned about the final quality. Because it's much more of a headache to dale with issues when you're not US residents, that's why most of them don't preorder early. Has nothing to do with exchange rates and such, yes it COULD be beneficial for them but the little economic benefit doesn't really make up with the "what if" scenario if the statue comes out looking like junk.

EDIT: I meant my right ball. Left is the bigger one.

Those coupons worked because of a loop hole. I wouldn't have ordered any of those had they not.

In fact I don't order anymore now that they have been removed.

Consistently I have not been able to use those codes. And look the Symbiote Spider-Man sold out before it shipped.

Use some common sense and read what you are typing. So what if it was a loophole? You took advantage of it and saved money. Why didn't you preorder day 1 if you think it is such a good idea? Predicting currency fluctuations to save money...who are you Marty McFly? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

So you don't order anymore since the codes have been removed. So what it still doesn't back up your original statement that it is better to preorder ASAP.
So what if Symbiote Spider-Man sold out before it shipped? Me and plenty of collectors (including you yourself!!!!) got him for 10% off months ago and secured our orders.

You guys are idiots, irrespective of Brexit the USD depreciated over the past 8 months, and Sideshow stopped allowing those discounts. Correct?

You guys don't use common sense or logic and throw a temper tantrum when FACTs dispute your idiocy.

Dispute these facts

1. You saved hundreds of dollars by using the 10% off coupon.
2. You would not have earned these savings had you ordered without the coupons.
3. Even though Sideshow is now limiting these promotions to one per household, Sideshow did not cancel existing orders that took advantage of the promotion more than once.

Please use this "common sense" and "logic" that you speak of and enlighten us as to why it wasn't a good idea to wait for said "10% discount coupons"
You yourself used these coupons did you not?

p.s. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding Brexit. The only thing I know regarding currency fluctuations is that it is unpredictable. Anyone who claims that they can predict currency fluctuations would either be the richest person in the world or a total idiot.

I think Alex mentioned that if they were to do the green variant, it would likely have only one portrait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I've only read 2 statements that I can remember by SSC. I believe it was Igo who stated it was their intent to offer Phoenix in all 3 versions (dark, green, and white) but that Misney execs nixed that idea and only allowed SSC to release Dark Phoenix. SSC wanted to release Phoenix just like they did their rainbow HULK PFs (grey, green, red) but Misney shot them down.

These are the only 2 recent quotes I could find from Alex concerning a variant grren Phoenix PF...."At one time there was zero chance but there MIGHT be small possibility that a green variant could be seen in the future. The door was re-opened recently for that possibility but nothing is confirmed."

"The door is only open for a green version at this time."

That I could see, there was no mention of how many portraits would be available with a green PF because it was an uphill battle just to get a green variant approved by Misney. Now that the door is open, I can only hope both portrats are available on a possible green variant. IMO, the EX Jean portrait on the DP PF would be much better suited to a green PF. Jeans personality was in control of the Phoenix force at that time so having a Jean portrait for a green PF seems like a no-brainer. However, I do like the white eyed portrait as well because it looks like she's powering up to use the Phoenix force. It'd be great to have both options. They did this with the variant classic Sabretooth PF. We got a COH with the EX on that PF. I'm really hoping for the same option on a variant green Phoenix PF.

I've seen a recent quote by Alex about the single portrait, check maybe the last post she did, I really don't remember

EDIT: yes, her latest reply in the Ask thread:

Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
hmm, maybe ill hold off ordering the dark phoenix for now,, but even if theres a green variant, will they include both heads

The variant (if it happens) will only include one portrait.

Back