Dark Hall Mansion Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally was able to get a Great Pumpkin variant at what I perceive to be a fair price. Being that only 50 were produced and they were $100 originally, $165 isn't too bad!

Charlie Brown Christmas print is coming.

file.php

Up for sale Thursday. Going to try and get one to go with the Halloween Charlie Brown print. I think we're going to hang them in our nursery...if and when the baby comes next summer.

Why isn't this thread just part of the Alamo Drafthouse thread? Do we really need 3+ individual threads discussing the same ____?

And agreed, Dark Hall Mansion website sucks balls for ordering posters.

Grabbed a variant. It was my lucky day and it did take an hour to get through.

And these posters are done by dark hall mansion not Alamo. You wouldn't put a hot toys figure in a sideshow thread. Each deserves it's own thread.

If these were from Mondo, they would have cost $50, not $75, and checkout would have taken two minutes, not an hour because of the server issues.

They also probably wouldn't have charged sales tax twice or oversold.

I think Mondo has set the bar so high that it's just the expectation for us collectors, and while I understand the frustration as I experience it myself, I also give Dark Hall credit for putting out great product. I am newer to collecting so I can't speak to wether or not Mondo was always as smooth as it is now (which still isnt perfect but nothing is). I think we should do our best to be a bit more patient with them. This was only their second major drop and everybody knew it was coming. It was a high demand poster. Yes, I think $75 was a bit high, but it is a great print. It's easily worth that much. I just think we should be a bit more patient to their growing pains. Mondo has a lot of resources compared to DHM. And no, I have no affiliation with them at all and missed out the first time and paid 3x as much on eBay.

I've seen some problematic Mondo releases since I started collecting their stuff, but they've really gotten things straightened out since then. I'm sure that DHM will get the order process smoothed out given more time and experience.

My main complaint is the price increase. An 18x24 screenprint from just about anybody else would be $40-50. If it's fairly limited or has a high number of screens, you can get up to $60. But $75 should be the price for a variant or an extremely limited run of 10-15 copies. DHM charging $75 for a run of 450 is way beyond what you would expect from anybody else out there right now. They are also two for two when it comes to botched online sales. The price was right on the Great Pumpkin, but jumping to $75 just because they can is a cash grab and an insult to collectors. Mondo could charge $75 for a regular run of 450 posters, but that's bad form and beyond the general industry pricing. DHM should just sell the next batch on eBay since they are interested in scalped prices and not the $40-60 price you'd expect from just about every other company or artist in the business. They haven't earned a 50% price increase and they don't deserve it.

I don't think I'll ever attempt to order from DHM again. They can kiss my ass. After waiting over an hour to try and eventually get an order through, only later to be cancelled because they're a bunch of amateurs... well, like I said, they can kiss my ass. And the price increase is unjustified IMO. Tom said it best, it's a money grab because they know they can.

I still think a single thread to discuss these art/movie posters would be better. It's the same artists, just different websites that are selling them.

I received my Charlie Brown Christmas variant tonight! What an amazing piece. I received #4/100. Extra lucky for me. DHM was great to me throughout. They aren't perfect, but I really believe they are going to continue to do better. There may be many that dislike the process of ordering thus far, but the one thing you can't argue with is the amazing posters they've put out. I'm incredibly pleased with my two variants from them thus far. Definitely "grails" in my collection to date.

Back