Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chappie_5678.jpg

Well it all really goes back to Frank Miller, who was one of the primary influences on the Nolan Batfilms with his Year One work, and was responsible for the dark and gritty Daredevil that we all know and love today. Nearly happened around a decade prior to his Man Without Fear miniseries, btw. I think any movie that truly does Daredevil justice will necessarily be "gritty and grounded" as we see here. But I'm sure that, in turn, the Nolan films did have some influence here.

I see more Nolan influence here than truly dark and gritty, imo Nolan isn't gritty, perhaps dark, but not gritty.

Frank Miller source stuff, now that's gritty.

Hopefully this DD will take itself less seriously than Nolan, the tone works, the visual works, but I can do without Rises' preachiness.

I thought of Nolan too while watching the trailer. But Nolan in a shared Marvel universe. Very cool, can't wait.

I didn't know that Gomer Pyle was Kingpin. That dude plays an awesome psycho.

still-of-vincent-donofrio-in-full-metal-jacket-1987.jpg

I thought of Nolan too while watching the trailer. But Nolan in a shared Marvel universe. Very cool, can't wait.

I didn't know that Gomer Pyle was Kingpin. That dude plays an awesome psycho.

still-of-vincent-donofrio-in-full-metal-jacket-1987.jpg
He also makes an awesome Thor.

yZUTbjP.jpg

j75IPNh.gif

I see more Nolan influence here than truly dark and gritty, imo Nolan isn't gritty, perhaps dark, but not gritty.

Frank Miller source stuff, now that's gritty.

Hopefully this DD will take itself less seriously than Nolan, the tone works, the visual works, but I can do without Rises' preachiness.
Too soon to say for sure, but the trailer suggests they'll be bringing in elements from "Born Again," which if true, should make this pretty damn "gritty," moreso than we've seen with the Nolan films in terms of explicit prostitution, drug use, and intense degradation of DD and pals. I don't think Daredevil is a character that should be taken "less seriously" than, well, anything else. The vast bulk of his stories over the past 35 years or so have been pretty damn heavy, ranging from the initial Miller work, to the stuff with Mephisto and Typhoid Mary, to the more recent stuff by Brian Michael Bendis. This ain't Fantastic Four or Superman territory.

Last edited:
Back