Daredevil the Netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On reflection, the only thing about D'Onofrio's performance that put me off was that quite frequently I could hear "Edgar" from MIB in his voice. I kept waiting for him to ask for sugar water. :lol Otherwise, I'm pleased with the character he did.

:lol

I did hear Edgar once or twice. :lol

I was talking to my coworker about this today! I didn't catch it but he did.

I haven't seen MIB recently enough to know what you guys are talking about so I personally found nothing to be put off by with D'Onofrio. I'd have to say he was my favourite throughout, I think he stole it. And no he didn't pay me to say that.

He was definitly my favorite. He actually made situations tense when he was in the room. That scene where Murdock goes to the gallery and starts talking to Vanessa about art and she goes, "ask him yourself" right as fisk walks in I let out an "oh ****" :lol

He's easily the MCU's best villain so far.

Whaaaaa Gomer Pyle :lol

:lol i meant leonard "gomer pyle" lawrence. Ya know...the guy that would **** a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. :lol

image.jpg

Last edited:
Psyched this is getting a second season. Disappointing DeKnight is tied up elsewhere.

Great series. Enjoyed it a lot. It dragged a lot in some episodes but overall, it was very well done.

I'm assuming Nobu worked for the Hand.

What about the child that the Stick killed? Who was that? Also, what was the Elektra reference?

Nobu did work for The Hand. The reference was intentional.
Black Sky is something created for the show, it is thought to be either A: An Inhuman captured and brought to be used by The Hand (note that the buildings all have "Black Sky" written on their plans or B: A vessel for the Demonic entities that The Hand uses to help transform those who are murdered into servants of The Hand. Either way it might have just been a McGuffin.
The Elektra reference was to the "Hot Greek girl in Matt's Spanish class" while he and Foggy are drunk and walking around the college campus.

Black Sky is something created for the show, it is thought to be either A: An Inhuman captured and brought to be used by The Hand (note that the buildings all have "Black Sky" written on their plans or B: A vessel for the Demonic entities that The Hand uses to help transform those who are murdered into servants of The Hand. Either way it might have just been a McGuffin.
The Elektra reference was to the "Hot Greek girl in Matt's Spanish class" while he and Foggy are drunk and walking around the college campus.

Elektra and Matt did meet up in college...

Thanks for the info. It'd be cool if they incorporated the Inhumans into the Marvel universe too...

If Marvel had the rights to X-Men I don't believe we would be seeing the Inhumans getting a movie or even mentioned in AOS, ok maybe AOS. :lol

1,000% true.

A bit bittersweet.

I would like if they released it earlier next year, maybe incorporate Daredevil for Civil War and maybe even have Spidey come in his series. It would void any reason of origin story and would be fantastic to see them in more than what they are in. and like Di had posted; the article stating that DD and Spidey are long time street hero allies. Wouldn't see any harm in it happening.

At Ep 10 right now.

Man, still think Kingpin's excellently written, but that dude playing him, nope, just nope, it sounds like he's gonna cry every time he speaks, it works when was being alienated at the beginning when talking to Vanessa or remembering his childhood, and he's ok when he goes sumo on people, but the rest of the time it's just too damn overacted is getting annoying, still, he's way more interesting than the average MCU villain for sure.

Everything else is top notch though, I'm loving this series.

If Marvel had the rights to X-Men I don't believe we would be seeing the Inhumans getting a movie or even mentioned in AOS, ok maybe AOS. :lol

I think Marvel is going to try and screw Fox over by introducing Inhumans that match up to classic mutant characters so that if Fox uses them, they look like copycats.

Back