Dam Toys - Godfather licensed 1:6 & 1/3 scale.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on what you consider "good" honestly. I've had quite a few DAM/Virtual Toys figures that are very good. But The Godfather license brings with it even higher-end collectors with it, so their idea of "good" is very different from an average collector might consider good.

I've liked pretty much all their Assassin's Creed figures. They've gotten better with every release. They recently updated the sculpt for the AC2 Ezio which looks better than the HT figure IMO. If you've seen the Virtual Toys Revenger aka Punisher War Zone figures, they are also a sub of DAM or vise versa. One of them is owned by the other, I just forget which. Either way, they make good quality figures.

Their statues are even better. Google DAMtoys 1/4 T800, Warcraft and Optimus Prime. All look incredible.

I was just wondering because jal and wor were so adamant that DAM Toys would/could not make a better figure than the HT one...
As I said, I don?t own any Dam Toys figures, but I?ve seen that other companies can put out figures on a par with HT, and sometimes even better. DID/3R for one has consistently delivered figures on par and usually better than HT for the last couple of years.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Cool, I?d definitely be up for it, I think there?s one out that costs some mullah

Also, does anyone else get a real sense of familiarity when they see their logo??? Lol I just realized I think it?s because it reminds me a lot of the Hitman logo - anyone else? (Going off my brain, not gonna google it [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people are bringing up the Hot Toys release, but lets be serious, that was released a long time ago as far as this hobby goes. How many units could they have made back then? Probably less than half of what they'd produce now. If someone is getting this license, they have to start with Vito. No one's buying a Sonny figure without having Vito to go with it. It'd be dumb for DAM Toys to not do him.

I know people are bringing up the Hot Toys release, but lets be serious, that was released a long time ago as far as this hobby goes. How many units could they have made back then? Probably less than half of what they'd produce now. If someone is getting this license, they have to start with Vito. No one's buying a Sonny figure without having Vito to go with it. It'd be dumb for DAM Toys to not do him.

Totally agree. I wouldnt consider Sonny if I didnt have Vito.

Agreed :lecture

I was just wondering because jal and wor were so adamant that DAM Toys would/could not make a better figure than the HT one...
As I said, I don?t own any Dam Toys figures, but I?ve seen that other companies can put out figures on a par with HT, and sometimes even better. DID/3R for one has consistently delivered figures on par and usually better than HT for the last couple of years.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah I just don?t think that they are up to it...I love my VTS Wasteland Ranger (Max) but will never forget the pain of unboxing that miniature Furiosa. It was like ordering something from Wish,

Damtoys does amazing figures BUT yet to see a really good headsculpt- they better get someone really good to do this...

Big task. For mine I think the HT GF headsculpt is equal tie with unmasked robocop for best ever mass produced HS, and I consider those 2 to be among the best headsculpts ever made, customs included.

Interested in seeing how it goes.

I don't feel like the announcement is about a Godfather line, it looks more like a "Marlon Brando figure line". I wouldn't hold my breath about more characters besides Vito.

I am actually on the other side of this. Given a choice between another (I am positive inferior) 1/6 scale Vito or a line of Sonny, Michael, Tom, and Fredo without the Don...I am taking the latter.
There has already been a perfect Vito in 1/6 not to mention a McFarlane figure, Blitzway statue, Sideshow premium format, the list goes on.
There has never been a 1/6 scale Sonny.
I would happily display a Sonny Corleone from Blitzway on the same shelf as my Carlito and Tyler Durdens.
If Dam Toys had announced Sonny it would be one of my most anticipated figures right now...second best Vito figure gets a meh from me and will no doubt be a pass once they release the first pictures.
It will die in the shadow of the Hot Toys figure which is truly one of the best 1/6 scale figures of all time even 12 years later.

So VTS is the "unlicensed" arm of DAM Toys?

There's a complicated company history to unravel.

Years back there was a company called DAM. It was believed that they were also the same company as ACE.

Years back it was also believed that VTS was the same company as Toys City.

In August 2011 VTS renamed their military figures as DAM - they did this mid-production of a certain figure which caused a fair bit of confusion.

In November 2012 Crazy Dummy merged with DAM to become DAMTOYS.

So, it would seem that VTS is the head of a family containing ACE, Toys City, Crazy Dummy and DAMTOYS.

VTS, being a high profile bootlegger, has generally used the DAM name for figures that don't infringe copyright too closely, or for actual licensed product.

I am actually on the other side of this. Given a choice between another (I am positive inferior) 1/6 scale Vito or a line of Sonny, Michael, Tom, and Fredo without the Don...I am taking the latter.
There has already been a perfect Vito in 1/6 not to mention a McFarlane figure, Blitzway statue, Sideshow premium format, the list goes on.
There has never been a 1/6 scale Sonny.
I would happily display a Sonny Corleone from Blitzway on the same shelf as my Carlito and Tyler Durdens.
If Dam Toys had announced Sonny it would be one of my most anticipated figures right now...second best Vito figure gets a meh from me and will no doubt be a pass once they release the first pictures.
It will die in the shadow of the Hot Toys figure which is truly one of the best 1/6 scale figures of all time even 12 years later.

Again many, many collectors do not have the HT Vito. That's great you would choose the company to fill out a line specifically to fill out your own collection but that's not what they're in business to do. Are any of those other Vito's 1/6 scale? Nobody besides some unlicensed 3rd parties complete other company's lines. They're paying for the license and they're going to get as much money out of it as they can, there's way more collectors now than there was in 2008.

There is plenty to improve on the HT Godfather.

The suit doesn't lay well. The sculpt lacks personality, and is the typical 'vacant stare' look that HT is/was notorious for. And, it's from the Orange-era, when every HT character was overly tan.

The chair could certainly be improved, something with some wood grain on it, the details could definitely be crisper.

And most egregiously (I say, in jest), HT gave him the wrong hand. They gave him a left gesturing hand, when it should have been his right hand. And the right hand they gave him was their basic pistol-grip hand.

The legend of the Godfather figure is what keeps it in that upper echelon of collectibles, it was from the era in which the Movie Masterpiece series was in full swing, right before the franchises started taking over, and it was that rare one-off figure that came out of nowhere. And it was from a time when Hot Toys was still sort of cool, because not everyone had heard of them yet, they still had that 'import' mystique about them.

I'm looking forward to what DAM shows. They've done excellent tailoring work on the Gangster's Kingdom stuff. Their recent military figures show great sculpting, very realistic work.

Damtoys does amazing figures BUT yet to see a really good headsculpt- they better get someone really good to do this...

I agree with the head sculpts. They get really close sometimes. They do have really good tailoring on their figures though. I really hope they produce something top notch.

Again many, many collectors do not have the HT Vito. That's great you would choose the company to fill out a line specifically to fill out your own collection but that's not what they're in business to do. Are any of those other Vito's 1/6 scale? Nobody besides some unlicensed 3rd parties complete other company's lines. They're paying for the license and they're going to get as much money out of it as they can, there's way more collectors now than there was in 2008.

It doesn?t really matter though does it because there isn?t a vote. Dam Toys is making Vito and that?s a done deal.
It?s not about completing a line. In this obviously purely hypothetical situation it?s a choice between the best and only Sonny figure versus an inferior version of Vito coming out 12 years after it?s superior predecessor.
Personally, questions of quality aside I might have preferred that back in 2008 Hot Toys made Sonny instead of Vito themselves.
So of course...like everyone else on the planet given a choice I would pick the figure that I want versus the one that would fulfill the needs of strangers...wouldn?t you?
All that being said...if this figure would be a reasonable substitute for the Hot Toys one I would be ecstatic, but it?s not going to be. Bookmark this for the morning that Dam Toys releases their first pictures of the prototype.

Does anybody have in hand pics of other DAM Toys figures so we can have an idea of what to expect?
And this is probably going to be only Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone, right? They are very explicit about having acquired the license to make MB as Don Corleone.

Last edited:
There's some in these Assassin's Creed threads

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230177&p=10247760&viewfull=1#post10247760

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232139&p=10312064&viewfull=1#post10312064

They also released a 1/4 statue earlier here

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189729

This gives us a good estimate as to what the suit will look like. I'm not wild about the headsculpt, but that's mostly because it's polystone, and not skintone plastic, so the headsculpt loses some realism.

The statue came from Blitzway...are they involved with the Dam Toys figure?

Back