1/6 Daftoys: Black Panther "Leopard Agent" Tactical Erik Killmonger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another version I preordered a while ago in the mail. The YRToys one. It came in a brown mailer, nude body, and random clothing accessories. Not sure I really need another killmonger but the outfit is cooler than street clothes version I have now.

The latest pics show that they have upgraded the headsculpt on the Daft Toys figure. Looks like they have re-cast the Nut Pizs sculpt and I'm praying the final product looks like the new pics because it looks awesome. Has anyone heard anything about possible release date?

The latest pics show that they have upgraded the headsculpt on the Daft Toys figure. Looks like they have re-cast the Nut Pizs sculpt and I'm praying the final product looks like the new pics because it looks awesome. Has anyone heard anything about possible release date?

Yeah I hope the final product looks like this too - this looks great! :rock The UK retailer I've ordered mine from has him down for April - June 2022 release...not sure how right that is though.

I’m gonna cancel my order. I’ve seen enough. I’m happy with the HT Jaguar suit. The only reason I was going to get this was to pose him with the mask and the mask doesn’t cut the mustard. Plus it’s a little overpriced for a third party standard fig tbh.

I got this guy delivered yesterday. Some first impressions: Body proportions look great; shoes do not look good and will probably be replaced; the Wakandan ring necklace is a nice touch, but the wrong color. The ring in the film was black. headscupt looks soft and I will probably replace it with the Maxnut head. The mask this figure comes with is great too. Also, this figure comes with a huge duffle bag!

I got this guy delivered yesterday. Some first impressions: Body proportions look great; shoes do not look good and will probably be replaced; the Wakandan ring necklace is a nice touch, but the wrong color. The ring in the film was black. headscupt looks soft and I will probably replace it with the Maxnut head. The mask this figure comes with is great too. Also, this figure comes with a huge duffle bag!
I got him on Friday and while it's a fairly solid effort, I'm disappointed in both the body and sculpt. Whereas the Young Rich version is too large (think MOS Superman proportions), this is just the opposite. He's actually a tad shorter than the HT BP and Killmonger releases, but that's easily rectified with short ankle extensions. But his build is really slight (even compared to the 2nd, thinner BP release), and the head is smaller than the Maxnut & HT Killmonger sculpts, leading me to think it's a recast. Eventually I'll look to replace the body and use my Maxnut sculpt, but for now I've just added the duffle to my YR version.

I got him on Friday and while it's a fairly solid effort, I'm disappointed in both the body and sculpt. Whereas the Young Rich version is too large (think MOS Superman proportions), this is just the opposite. He's actually a tad shorter than the HT BP and Killmonger releases, but that's easily rectified with short ankle extensions. But his build is really slight (even compared to the 2nd, thinner BP release), and the head is smaller than the Maxnut & HT Killmonger sculpts, leading me to think it's a recast. Eventually I'll look to replace the body and use my Maxnut sculpt, but for now I've just added the duffle to my YR version.
It’s too bad that you have to do all that fiddling with this figure to make it look right. But it sounds like the modifications will make it look great

Here is the Daftoys on the left (with Maxnut head) and the HT Killmonger. Seeing these two side by side made me think a lot of Killmonger's story arc throughout Black Panther:

IMG_0698.JPEG

IMG_0699.JPEG

Maxnut head on the left, Daftoys on the right. Daftoys definitely shrunk. The skin tone change from the Maxnut head and the Daftoys body is significant

Back