Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to se that Wolverine in brown costume, in the pose from the first post!!!!

Jim%20Lee%20X-Men.jpg

Say what you will about Jim Lee, but in my opinion he was a major force in breathing life back into the X-Men (along with Claremont). His work on the Uncanny title leading to the new series is what pulled me into comic collecting back in the day. A lot of the previous art and storytelling didn't do it for me. Also if I'm not mistaken, X #1 is still the best selling comic in comic book history. So they did a lot of things right.

And as campy as some of the pouches and clothing can seem in this day and age, it fit into the decade it was illustrated in. He evolved the 80's style into something more current at that time. I'm sure in the year 2020, the clothing, costumes and fashion we see in comics today will probably look a little silly. Nothing wrong with evolving.

So I for one will probably buy any SS piece inspired by Lee art. Fantastic stuff IMHO.

Say what you will about Jim Lee, but in my opinion he was a major force in breathing life back into the X-Men (along with Claremont). His work on the Uncanny title leading to the new series is what pulled me into comic collecting back in the day. A lot of the previous art and storytelling didn't do it for me. Also if I'm not mistaken, X #1 is still the best selling comic in comic book history. So they did a lot of things right.

And as campy as some of the pouches and clothing can seem in this day and age, it fit into the decade it was illustrated in. He evolved the 80's style into something more current at that time. I'm sure in the year 2020, the clothing, costumes and fashion we see in comics today will probably look a little silly. Nothing wrong with evolving.

So I for one will probably buy any SS piece inspired by Lee art.
Fantastic stuff IMHO.

:exactly::goodpost:

The reason X-Men #1 sold so much is because of the over-saturation of the market that preceded the comic book market collapse in the 90's. Everyone thought that thing would be worth big bucks so they snatched up 5-10 copies apiece....not to say I don't agree with the rest of your points though Corrose, which I do.

I would hope for Jean Grey. Beast is an automatic pass but it would be interesting how it they make him PF with all the fur/hair.

I would hope for Jean Grey. Beast is an automatic pass but it would be interesting how it they make him PF with all the fur/hair.

I think they would go with a sculpted version maybe with a jacket or something. They are having problems with Chewy PF now too.

^What about just the speedos, as The Thing or Abomination PF?

Last edited:
Storm is another I wish they used little fabric, maybe just the cape with the sculpted body

storm-jim-lee.jpg

Storm is another I wish they used little fabric, maybe just the cape with the sculpted body

storm-jim-lee.jpg

You definately don't want a fabric cape with a sculpted body. Fabric capes tend to turn out looking about as cheesy as you can get on a sculpted statue.

I would agree though, I don't want a full body suit for rogue.

You definately don't want a fabric cape with a sculpted body. Fabric capes tend to turn out looking about as cheesy as you can get on a sculpted statue.

I would agree though, I don't want a full body suit for rogue.

hehe I don't? :)

I really don't think Black Panther's cape looks cheesy, at all. In fact I thik it works really well, and I can't see why it wouldn't for Storm (if done right, obviously)

Last edited:
Back