Cyclops PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NotSureIfSerious.jpg

It's the same price, so there's no reason not to get it. I agree, not getting the exclusive would be regretful.

It looks to me that the big issue with the face is that the eyes are set in too far. Throwing off the look of the forehead, cheekbones and nose. That probably has to do with the light up feature and the fact that the eyes arent sculpted, but basically bulbs set in the face. Meaning they sculpted a hollow head and put the light up eyes behind it.

Almost certain that's what the issue is. That being said. I also have a feeling it won't look as bad in person. If the eyes are set in just a little too far, shadows from photography will amplify the issue.

:goodpost: That's what I'm talking about! I know I will sleep well at night knowing I ordered the EX and then I will chuckle at those who don't and cry about it later. :monkey1

:goodpost: That's what I'm talking about! I know I will sleep well at night knowing I ordered the EX and then I will chuckle at those who don't and cry about it later. :monkey1

Ex would hold its value better...but for people who do not care about the future value of the statue and dislike the EX deformed head, can get the regular at an LCS or online retailers, usually with 15-20% off MRSP.

Ex would hold its value better...but for people who do not care about the future value of the statue and dislike the EX deformed head, can get the regular at an LCS or online retailers, usually with 15-20% off MRSP.

:exactly::goodpost:Big savings.

I'm getting the EX for sure & when that faithful day comes that the piece arrives, I'll set the EX head down & wave my finger in front of it like so :nono.

Looks like a Tony Cipriano sculpt. He did do Bucky as well as Silver Surfer. It's the teeth that gives it away. He does an amazing job sculpting anatomy, however I don't prefer that way he sculpts human portraits.

:exactly: Cipriano syndrome (Namor, Bucky, Cyclops...)

There was 2 problems with the reveal by SSC.

1.) That EX head is just flat out hideous! I mean, BAD fugly kind of hideous. For people that didn't like the Thanos face portrait, this is far worse. Thanos is at least an UGLY dude. Scott is not.

2.) SSC should have shown pics without the jacket. This could convince people who don't PFs (like me) to possibly buy this because it could be displayed as a 1/4 scale comiquette.

It's a shame this didn't turn out as good as I thought it would. Gambit came out all kinds of good. Displaying this Cyke next to him will just magnify how much this piece lacks.

No, that's a custom, but anyways he is right. Hot Toys has amazing paint details, in spite of working the 1/6

^:lecture. IMO That is one of the greatest challenges for Sideshow. They really need to go one (or several) steps further to improve their sculpts and paint applications. Above all when they are movies-related items (LOTR, Indiana...etc), where human likeness is really important. Not so much in the comic-related ones though.

Last edited:
Back