CW Jedi/Sith Giclees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got these from Mike at Razor's Edge and these look great. I like the character keys but feel they are a bit pricey for their size. These are 13 x 19 and are much, much nicer than the keys. I'll hopefully be able to get these framed tonight and I'll post pics either way. I think these are a must for any GG CW maquette collection.

Darth Loki said:
I just got these from Mike at Razor's Edge and these look great. I like the character keys but feel they are a bit pricey for their size. These are 13 x 19 and are much, much nicer than the keys. I'll hopefully be able to get these framed tonight and I'll post pics either way. I think these are a must for any GG CW maquette collection.

MUST have for any CW fans. A little bit out of my price range, but great nontheless. Can't wait to see your pics.

I picked these up at sdcc. Number 21 for both giclees. I agree, a must have for any CW collection.

I love the CW and these have by far the best representation of any of the giclees or other artwork from Acme so it made it a lot easier to pull the trigger on these. Plus it has a certain female Jedi who I like :D

Darth Loki said:
I love the CW and these have by far the best representation of any of the giclees or other artwork from Acme so it made it a lot easier to pull the trigger on these. Plus it has a certain female Jedi who I like :D

I pretty much felt the same way when I saw them at SDCC. I always liked the arc giclee and the hero and vilian one as well. However, I could never come to spend that much money on them, but when I saw these two at SDCC I was amazed and I had to have them. Well I had to have the Jedi giclee and then I figured I better get its counterpart as well.

I unfortunately don't have a arts and crafts store to do custom framing any where near me so I'm going to order two 13" x 19" frames off eBay and will hopefully get them by this weekend.

Loki,

Are yours not matted for final dimensions of 16x20?

I just checked mine again just to make sure I was not giving you false info, but matted these prints are 16x20. However, at least for mine they were actually a little longer so a couple of store baught frames were to small. I can not spend the money to get them custom framed the way I would want so I decded to buy the cheapest 16x20 frame that michaels had. The frame is not sturdy and it had some give to it so it fit the giclees. Right now this is just for protection and later on I will get custom frames for them.

Just be careful when you order these so they are not to small.

Last edited:
Gran3131 said:
Loki,

They are matted but I thought that was the final size. Damn, let me go measure them.

Gran3131 said:
Loki,

I just checked mine again just to make sure I was not giving you false info, but matted these prints are 16x20. However, at least for mine they were actually a little longer so a couple of store baught frames were to small. I can not spend the money to get them custom framed the way I would want so I decded to buy the cheapest 16x20 frame that michaels had. The frame is not sturdy and it had some give to it so it fit the giclees. Right now this is just for protection and later on I will get custom frames for them.

Just be careful when you order these so they are not to small.

Good lookin out man! That would've been embarassing. Mine are 16" x 20" on the nose. Hell, I can just go to Target or Michaels and find that. Do you know how much you paid at Micaels?

Thanks again

No problem man.

Target had some decent frames for around $10 but I did not find one that would fit. I believe Michaels had a few differnt frames ranging from $40 -$80. always usually includes a 40% coupon in there Sunday add. The trick however will be finding one that fits. Like I said I decided to get the cheapest one they had and it was like $6 for protection untill I can them framed the way I like. If you want to go custom they often have %50 off custom framing sales so you might be able to find something for a decent price if you go that route. For some more info on what others have don here is a link.

Loki here is a post that I found on RS about how he framed his giclees.

"After looking for frames online, I learned that there are different types of acrylic and plexiglass for the front of the frame. And acid free backing to put behind the print.
This may or may not be an issue for some. For me it is.
I dont want any fading, so I get UV protected acrylic. That way no sun fading. But a 16x20 piece is almost 20 bucks. Compared to about 3 for a regular piece. So the frames I bought were about 50 bucks each. I order from americanframe.com. I use the black techline frames, uv acrylite, non acid foam core backing board.
They have a little section to enter dimensions and make your frame.".

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

I have a Michael's right by my house so I'll check them out first. These are going in my basement so sun light isn't an issue. I don't need to spend over $50 on frames so I'll just get some decent looking ones.

Found some decent, more importantly cheap frames at Michaels and put them together real quick. I'm thinking I need to lower them about 6-8", what do you think?

I lowered them but my batteries died in my camera. It does look better. I'll post new pics once I get more batteries tomorrow.

Looking great man. I would say lower them a little bit as well. Those look a lot like the frames I have.

Gran3131 said:
Looking great man. I would say lower them a little bit as well. Those look a lot like the frames I have.

They're lowered. And these were just some cheap $6 frames they had but they fit their purpose perfectly. Thanks for saving me some money and a headache.:eek:

Back