CUSTOMIZINGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Road Warrior

View attachment 252627

GOB - Totally agree with the 70's Brit punk vibe... "every which way" sums it up! In certain shots, he looks to be going bald on front, its THAT thin. Best shots of how messy it really is IMO are after the crash.

Wonder if you might be better abandoning a 3D print of the hair and go the realistic Tibetan lambs fur route?

Last edited:

Cheers guys, yeah I agree, it needs to be more shorter at the top and longer at the sides.

I don't know if this helps, but I think both versions of Max (Mel and Tom Hardy) start with the idea that he has to cut his own hair, and probably without a mirror. Then an art director and a hair stylist make sure it ends up reminding us of something recent and fashionable.

I wish I could be more helpful. The portrait is superb. I can't wait to buy a casting.

Gruff: Yeah still trying to figure out the hair, it really does change from scene to scene but I have an idea in my head what it needs to Max-ify it.

Creg: Cheers man! your work is awesome! :)

Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Ellie body

So I have been searching high and low for a suitable body for my upcoming TLOU Ellie figure. I was thinking of going with the playtoy customization route, though it's a lot of customization and the shoulders and hips/bottom still look too womanly.

I found a really nice body that is great for a teenage girl. The Tonner Kitty doll has very slender proportions and small hips/bottom. Though what I really liked is the neck is a good size. Most female bodies have very tiny slim necks though this body has a well proportioned one that is also nice and long.

It will require some minor modification to the feet (heating them into a flat position) and maybe the hands. Chest area may need a bit of sanding down too.

LOU_Bodies.jpg

Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: TLOU Ellie body

Yeah I looked for that too but I couldn't even find a picture of the body. Also Hitgirl is 11 in that movie, so not sure if the body size is too small. Though a StarAce older Hermoine is also a possibility.

Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Ellie body

So I have been searching high and low for a suitable body for my upcoming TLOU Ellie figure. I was thinking of going with the playtoy customization route, though it's a lot of customization and the shoulders and hips/bottom still look too womanly.

I found a really nice body that is great for a teenage girl. The Tonner Kitty doll has very slender proportions and small hips/bottom. Though what I really liked is the neck is a good size. Most female bodies have very tiny slim necks though this body has a well proportioned one that is also nice and long.

It will require some minor modification to the feet (heating them into a flat position) and maybe the hands. Chest area may need a bit of sanding down too.

View attachment 253261

That looks pretty good Beast. I've been searching for a proper body as well. I think the height is good with the mods you mention. Are you using the Kai head?

Don't worry gruff more max coming soon ;) boshi, I'm going to sculpt my own head.

Indy's back! I took my Yunsil Indy outfit out of the bag for the first time and put it on the Banner body just to see how it all looks with my head sculpt. Outfit fits nicely with the body, though I think the Banner arms may be a little too around the triceps. I've also did a quick photoshop burn tool paintover as the head is just grey primer right now.

indyBWpaint.jpg

Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Indy's back!

I love that expression on your sculpt. Captures that in-over-his-head Indy expression perfectly. :clap

One note: I think the hat brim could be wider.

Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Indy's back!

Cheers guys :) Im working on his leather accessories now. Wor yeah I agree, adding a few extra mm to the side of the brim will look better.

Back