CUSTOMIZINGS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CUSTOMIZINGS: Road Warrior

Cheers guys :) I'm in last of us mode now modeling joel accessories. Will be back in full max mode soon though.

Will be making most of his weapons, then moving on to Ellie. Eventually I will make the heads. I have the game models for reference only as the geometry is too messy to work with, so have to build everything from scratch. Here's an accurate Joel gas mask.

gasmask.JPG

SpaceGladiator: Looking good! Who made the legbrace?

boshi: Cheers man. The gas filter was inaccurate and I have since changed it. Working on the Hunting Rifle next seeing as there are zero 1/6 deer hunting rifles out there like most of their weapons.

Yeah Jons work is great! If I fail to make it myself he's the first port of call. The belt looks really nice, not seen one with the proper stitching. Who made that?

Snap! I'll always give it a go myself first, then look elsewhere... that's my harness & my gear (all done by me)

Wow! Good work on that! I may have to have a go at hand-stitching the pattern in myself after seeing this ;)

Tips:- keep quiet about developing ur embroidery skills ...it doesn't get as many 'cool points' as a Rahmier paint job or an Inigo sculpt - no idea why!?

Tips:- keep quiet about developing ur embroidery skills ...it doesn't get as many 'cool points' as a Rahmier paint job or an Inigo sculpt - no idea why!?
Hand stitching is 10 cool points above a nice paint job always bro

I'm impressed by your pattern stitching, and by the clips. Those things are tough to source. As for coolness factor, hang out in a Kato thread. That man is James Dean COOL.

Thanks! Reference a Sam Browne belt WW1 era.

Gruff Old Bear - Um, I'm a bit reluctant... last time I hung out with the cool kids:
shutterstock_127994654.jpg

I spent a few hours experimenting with detailed hair techniques. I still can't figure Mels hair in this movie, it's a chaotic mess that changes from scene to scene. Not sure if this is too neat, even bordering Thunderdome! :ohbfrank:

madmel2.JPG

Personally, I would love a Thunderdome version. It hasn't been done yet!

Back