Customization thread: How to customize Hot Toys, buying customs off site?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avactionfigures

Freakzoid
Reaction score
First of all, I'm psyched for the Guardians of the Galaxy Starlord. I like the clothing and detail, definitely will Pre order. I'm a little bummed about the release date, but I certainly can't complain. I've been researching and collecting Hot Toys for quite awhile. I'm definitely hooked on a feeling! (Lol) I was considering, to customize one to the likeness of Chris Pratt (Starlord). I've definitely seen quite a bit of these custom head sculpts floating around the web of several different characters/actors, and I've read a couple tutorials and it didn't seem too hard to my knowledge. But it's been off and on, needing to refresh my knowledge on this, how should I go about customizing a head? Anyone have an idea of what sculpt would be good for this project? Anyone know of different sites for customization like this? Where you can buy and request custom? Thanks in advance!
-Av

The figure comes with a Chris Pratt headsculpt already, Hot Toys just hasn't revealed the final likeness. Or am I misunderstanding and you wish to customize more of the figure?

The figure comes with a Chris Pratt headsculpt already, Hot Toys just hasn't revealed the final likeness. Or am I misunderstanding and you wish to customize more of the figure?

You are definitely correct, Hot Toys has yet to reveal the final sculpt. As I know it comes with the headsculpt of Pratt, and also the mask too I believe. I'm very much satisfied with the headsculpt showed at Comic-Con. I'm also fond of the customs I've seen, wanting to give maybe a go at it. Until it's released, I guess I was wanting to try that out, or find someone that can definitely pull off the custom. :)

Oh OK, got it. You want to make a custom figure NOW so you don't have to wait. :)

I haven't seen any Pratt headsculpts, but there are many sculptors on here you could commission. As for the clothes, I'm sure you could find the materials to make a similar outfit to what he wears in one of the movies' scenes.

Oh OK, got it. You want to make a custom figure NOW so you don't have to wait. :)

I haven't seen any Pratt headsculpts, but there are many sculptors on here you could commission. As for the clothes, I'm sure you could find the materials to make a similar outfit to what he wears in one of the movies' scenes.
I would love to make something similar to the shorter jacket he wears in the movie. I haven't seen any head sculpts of Pratt either, but that's a comfort to know!
The Hot Toys figure definitely looks like it would be worth the wait. :D Which I may able to get sometime hopefully, I know you can preorder on sideshow.

March 2015 isn't that far away, especially when you consider the costs and time needed to put together a first rate custom. Waiting is hard, I know, but sometimes it's the best way.

I'd been trying to put together a custom Batman '66 for 15 years - and viola - Hot Toys releases one!

March 2015 isn't that far away, especially when you consider the costs and time needed to put together a first rate custom. Waiting is hard, I know, but sometimes it's the best way.

I'd been trying to put together a custom Batman '66 for 15 years - and viola - Hot Toys releases one!

Oh yes, either way waiting is imminent. :) I was wanting to make a different version at least of the shorter leather jacket in the movie, from the trailer. But that's awesome! I saw the Batman 66' with Robin online somewhere, looked pretty darn cool.

Back