Custom THX 1138 1/6 Pacification Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
My first custom in 6 years isn't really a custom. It's a duplicate of a THX figure that I made way back when.

This Pacification Officer from the movie "THX 1138" was made 90% from scratch. Only the body, gloved hands, and sole of the boots was modified from existing 1/6 items.

- Headsculpt was much more difficult to make. I orginally thought that I could just get a Medicom generic head and spray silver. Ended up making a sculpt from scratch that matches the movie pretty closely.

- Helmet I had to make from scratch too since I couldn't find a motorcycle cop helmet from the early 70s that was true 1/6 scale. Then I found out that the helmets in the movie were an odd scale. They chose smaller size in relation to the chrome heads in the movie. So I had to sculpt a helmet that fit the headsculpt snugly like in the movie.

- Suit was made from a combination of leather and pleather. The main body of the jacket is leather. Arms and pants are pleather. I made the suit fitted so that it wrinkles and hangs like the real deal. Which means once it is on the figure - it isn't easy to remove.

- Baton and studs on helmet and belt are made from metal. Baton is polished to be chrome look.

- Boots were modified from a pair of 1/6 boots I bought. Basically took the soles and added pleather trunks so that the ankle is free to move.

- Extras: plastic and molded plastic accent pieces for the belt, boots, and helmet. And wooden taser staff.

- Box image is a mockup of a possible box (Mego style).

Here are some pics:

Last edited:
Also: Base body was a Medicom Massive. I elongated the arms (at the upper arms) and legs (at the thighs) to give the figure the creepy tall and lanky stature of the officers from the movie.

What's up Abake?! Long time no see. And Thanks!

I still have the modified Medicom Giger Alien sitting half finished. I'll have to bring that out and finish and post pics!

Thanks guys. It's great to be back. I can't believe I went for so many years ignoring my hobby. Life can do that to you.

Back