Custom "The Dead Trapper"!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMike79

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm working on a "Custom kitbash figure": The Dead Trapper!
A kind of "Trapper", but instead of animals he hunts zombies.

The final figure will look a lot like the "Hot Toys RE4 Chainsaw Ganado", but as a good guy!

I'll upload some pics around next week when I've gotten all parts
for the figure.

Some parts will be:

Head from "Hot Toys PMC Operator 07 Limited Edition"

Shirts from "Sideshow TCM Remake Leatherface / Thomas Hewitt"

Pants & Suspenders from "DID Red Devil Michael Taylor"

Shoes from "DID William Bowman"

The "kar98 Sniper Rifle Set" from Ti-lite

Dog "Laika" from "Dragon Vadim Popov"

+ some additional "lowtech" weapons like a "bear trap" & stuff!

Here're some pics of the parts:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3307&size=big&cat=500

Last edited:
The idea started with the "PMC Operator" head, which I already own!
With the beard & headband it fits pretty good for such a "Trapper".
The "TCM Remake Leatherface / Thomas Hewitt" figure should arrive tomorrow & I've just ordered the pants + shoes from a shop in france.

I'm not sure from were I'll get the "kar98 Sniper Rifle Set" from Ti-lite? It's quite expensive (around EUR 40), but it's fully made out of wood & metal so it's really worth the costs. If somebody knows a shop (in Europe), please post it here! I'm looking for the rifle version "with additional scope"!

I just got some more ideas for detail work (i.e. a bandage around one of his thighs)!

I think a "Bear Trap" will be probably the hardest item to find!
I know there was one in the "Hot Toys RE4 Chainsaw Ganado" Boxed Set.

News on the progress: I think the stuff should probably
arrive here around next wednesday! So keep a eye on this topic for some
pics! BTW: Why can't I post pics straight here in the topic? I've linked to the
pics in the gallery, but all I got was a "X" so I've added the links!

Seems like there'll be a delay before all the stuff for my "The Dead Trapper" will arrive.
Therefor I found some separate "Hot Toys RE4 Chainsaw Ganado Pants & Leghold trap"!
The waistband of the pants of my 1st figure setup seems like to be too tight, so I better be
on the safe side with the "Ganado" pants! Hopefully everything will arrive until @ latest in mid April!

My "Custom The Dead Trapper" figure is finished!
I'll make some pics today, which I'll upload in the next hours!
I like the final result a lot! The figure looks exactly like I've planned.
Only difference is: I've used a simple "Dragon kar98" instead of the "Ti-lite"
version. Exactly in 1 month I'll visit the Cologne show of "Metallica" (Support:
The Sword & Machine Head"), so I needed to keep the budget a little lower.
Maybe I'll replace the rifle later! Ok, it's time to make some pics! :)

Last edited:
Not found of the "Leatherface" apparel and clothing for this bash. Cool idea, but I'd think about changing out the clothing and the leather arm wraps. Maybe go with a bulky jacket to cover the arms. The gear is great!

Not found of the "Leatherface" apparel and clothing for this bash. Cool idea, but I'd think about changing out the clothing and the leather arm wraps. Maybe go with a bulky jacket to cover the arms. The gear is great!

The "leather arm wraps" shall protect him from getting bitten by the zombies into the arms ;)! Sure not everybody has the same taste, but I like the style with the leather arm wraps a lot. They match very nice with the headband color!

Last edited:
o

More closeups here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29399495@N03/

??? I only see a (X) when I add one of the pics from "Flickr" to this thread! ???

Last edited:
I like it. Post a pic on this thread. Great Job. Let's see him with some Zombies.

I'm a poor 3D artist :lol so I've sold almost all my "The Dead" zombies (except for a "Custom Undertaker" based on the "Harbinger" & some "ready" hands & a head of the "The Dead Ornament"! I've some plans for a bunch of hillbilly zombies! And there's a idea for a huge "Undead Grizzly" made out of resin, which I hope to implement in the next months!

Back