Custom Takara and Hot Toys TDK cape for sale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddylee

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Go here to see pics.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48740

Ok guys, prices for either the custom Takara or Hot Toys TDK cape will be $15(USD) each. Shipping will be $5 (there won't be any additional shipping cost for extra capes as long you're not ordering a ridiculous amount) sent Priority Mail in a box, in the States. I'll provide shipping prices for international sales.

Don't worry about payments now. I'll just take the orders first and take payment when I get most of the capes done and probably provide a pic of the pile of capes, then ship them all out at the same time!

Please PM me with your order. I'll comprise a list and keep track and provide the paypal account when the time comes.

First off I have a feeling your post won't last long (feel free to delete mine at the same time) but what right do you have to jump in on someone elses's commission thread? If you don't like it, don't buy it, but saying he's stealing money is way out of line!

People have asked for his service and he is offering a replacement cape for a very small amount of money. Some people would rather have something made by capable hands... I really don't want to take the time to source material, make a pattern and work on it.

BTW, would this also work for the HT Begins version? I wouldn't mind the upgrade myself.

Im sorry but this is totally wrong...you are making money out of people when they could all easily make a new cape themselves

...u need black material, the simply cut out the shape of batwings...like the shape of the cape you see in the film when he glides, its in both batman begins and the dark knight...material is dirt cheap

guys please dont let this guy STEAL your money

I made my own cape and it cost me NOTHING coz I found some old material in my house

Dude what the hell is your deal? This whole forum is based on people helping each other with commisions. Actually what he offered is an excellent deal if you concider the time it takes to go to the fabric store, shop , buy it, then come home and make it, $15.00 is well worth it. But hey if its that bad why stop there, why not say $35.00 for a repaint is a rip off beacuse its just paint slapped on some stupid head. If people ask for a service, and an artist is willing to take the time to offer it then good for him!

Ryan

Im sorry but this is totally wrong...you are making money out of people when they could all easily make a new cape themselves

...u need black material, the simply cut out the shape of batwings...like the shape of the cape you see in the film when he glides, its in both batman begins and the dark knight...material is dirt cheap

guys please dont let this guy STEAL your money

I made my own cape and it cost me NOTHING coz I found some old material in my house

Dammit, Wendys has been stealing my money then. All this time I could have made my own hamburger but instead I went to Wendys and buy one from them instead.

AGRRRRRRGGRRGRRRRRG :banghead :banghead :banghead

Buddylee,

When clicking into this thread just skip post #2 and everything will be fine! I'm sure there are plenty of people here that will PM you very soon, good luck with the sales!

Roy.

I only have one question, how would I go and put those little plastic clips on it, to put in on the figure?

Or are those included?:D

Yeah I would like to know how this is done to, do you have to take the clips of the original cape and super glue or sew them on the new cape ??

wow...all I have tried to do is suggest you save yourselves some money...I made my own cape and knew how cheap and easy it was but if you all want to waste your money and give it away to this guy making them then do it...I've not done anything wrong except offering advice but all of you have ganged up against me...I was only trying to help you but none of you have seen that.

Being a ^^^^ is cheap as well. At least you taught me that.

wow...all I have tried to do is suggest you save yourselves some money...I made my own cape and knew how cheap and easy it was but if you all want to waste your money and give it away to this guy making them then do it...I've not done anything wrong except offering advice but all of you have ganged up against me...I was only trying to help you but none of you have seen that.

No, you accused him of stealing. He is offering his services for those that don't want to make their own.

PM Sent. I know for one I don't want to deal with frayed edges and the fact that I suck cutting fabric. For me it's no different than paying someone to paint a head. Sure, anyone could do it, but could they do it well?

the original hot toys cape has there are two little plastic clips on them that wedge into the shoulders. On these clips there 2 tiny little tiny holes for stitching to go through. What I did was clip the stitches that attach the clip to the hot toys cape then attach those clips to my cape . Its so simple anyone can sew those original clips to this new cape. If you don't feel comfortable taking the clips off the old cape you could always buy a duplicate cape on ebay for cheap. I saw one on there yesterday .
sorry guys i posted this on the wrong thread. if buddy lee wants ill send him my original bb hot toys remake figure so he can copy his cape as well. i personally prefer the takara cape cause it has more scallops.

So I have the HT TDK bats, but I don't like it, it's too short.
I like to own a Takara cape that I can put on my TDK bats, so... which one I should order? Custom Takara or Hot Toys TDK cape?
Please enlighten me.. thx

So I have the HT TDK bats, but I don't like it, it's too short.
I like to own a Takara cape that I can put on my TDK bats, so... which one I should order? Custom Takara or Hot Toys TDK cape?
Please enlighten me.. thx

The custom Takara is the one you would want. The custom TDK is just the normal TDK cape made with spandex material.

So for an update:

I'm waiting on Dozogovi's Hot Toys BB and TDK capes to study to help me create specific custom takara capes for either the BB or TDK figure. What will be different between these customs will be the neck holes on the capes. This will make it easier for you guys to attach!

Unfortuneately I won't be providing clips for the TDK cape, but as Dozogovi mentioned, you can sew them onto the new cape or super glue them on.

So my next step is counting up the orders and aquiring enough of this sweet cape material. Without this fabric, I probably wouldn't bother with these customs, the fabric is everything.

Thanks!

thats cool, how come your waiting on the HT capes? cant you get a takara cape to template?

I do have a Takara cape template made, but it seems some people have concerns on how to attach it to their TDK or BB figure. So to make things easier, I'll tailor the neck areas on the cape to match their specific figure.

For example, the TDK cape doesnt have a neck hole, but instead has 2 cape "arms" that attach to clips and the BB cape has a "U" shaped neck area and secured down with pins through holes in the cape.

Back