Custom Redskull Head sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Station

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm working on a custom Redskull headsculpt and wanted to get some feedback. So far, its just the initial carving. Im pleased with parts and displeased with othersbut its my first try at anything like this so i guess its not too horrible. I painted it red just to see what it would look like lol. Let me know what you think.

picture.php

picture.php

Looks good so far... good interpretation of the character. What are you sculpting him out of?

Since its been a while since i've actually sculpted something from the ground up, sculpy wasnt cutting it, I just couldn't get the features right. I ended up making a mold of the Cristian Bale head that came with the hot toys batman and then cast it in plaster. From there i sanded it down so it was just a non descript face and then used that for the placement of the features and carved away to get to this point. It turned out better than what the sculpy head did, but you really hve to commit to what you're doing as there's really no turning back. Once this one is done i'm going to make a mold of it and cast it in plastic for a true type.

Looks great. I was going to say it had a 'Machinest' feel to it :)

You asked for feedback, so don't kill me for this small observation: The nose socket seems a bit small, there's a big distance from the nose to the mouth. Maybe if you extended the nose area to go lower, it would look better?

You asked for feedback, so don't kill me for this small observation: The nose socket seems a bit small, there's a big distance from the nose to the mouth. Maybe if you extended the nose area to go lower, it would look better?

yeah, that's bugging me too. I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it but sculpy doesn't like plaster. I have some plain old clay lying around, but i'm not sure where. It stinks though cause it's such a small area to work on and its hard to get the detail to hold. I ended up chopping the nose off reworking it so many times.

Yeah, but Red Skull looks different from comic to comic... doesn't necessessarily have to be an accurate skull, more of the feel of the character IMO.

I always thought of Red Skull's mask as more of a caricature of a skull anyway. More of an exaggeration that an actual representation, anyway, so I think yours looks great.
Mike

Thanks for th compliments and feedback guys! This is just the initial one, i'm going to keep working on it so hopefully it gets a lot better! Keep the suggestions coming though, I don't mind them at all.

Just a little update. Did a little bit of work on the brow, added the eyes and nose and modeled the teeth (which were a pain) don't pay attention to the color, I just put some extra layers on there so the sculpy would stick. I might do a few more adjustments but I will most likely order the casting materials this week or next and see what we get.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Let me know what you think!

By the way, if anyone comes across someone kiting out this guy:
DID Sicherheitsdienst
let me know as his outfit is a perfect match for the 'ol skull. He even comes with a cool skull cane! PERFECT!

When I made mine I wasn't able to find a black Nazi uniform... so I ended up going with a green one. Still would eventually like to get a figure like that DiD one as it would have more of a classic look.

Sure, here ya go:

redskullfinalb.jpg

redskullfinalf.jpg

A few other people have made RedSkull figures... check the gallery and you can see some pretty cool examples.

looks good but if I were be critical on one aspect of the sculpt , it would be the teeth. Its too block like. try looking at photos of teeth , canines, bicuspids ext. they triangular in the gum line.

Back