Custom Rebel Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highlanderpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was going through some of my old Sideshow figures and found the Rebel Commando figure. I decided to whip up a custom to see how a Clone combined with a Rebel. It came out alright and I love it if you guys would give opinions (good or bad). This is still a WIP!

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's kinda cool, but doesn't quite fit for me.
Have you thought about turning the jacket into a Kama?

Very creative, I like that suggestion of doing the kama in the camo.

So should I ditch the coat for the Kama? and how long should I make it? What about the pants? Keep them? I would have to do a little more work to get them just right, by removing the cod piece, the pants are just stuffed under the cod piece now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the helmet, I'm not 100% sold on it, but I don't have any ideas right now.
I kinda like the way you've got the pants.
As for the Kama, I'd say check out some of the clones with them and make it a similar style.
Another idea I had: if possible completely remove the codpiece, and maybe even the belly section of the armor, so he just has the breastplate and the belt over the camo.

I'm not sure about the helmet, I'm not 100% sold on it, but I don't have any ideas right now. I kinda like the way you've got the pants.
As for the Kama, I'd say check out some of the clones with them and make it a similar style.
Another idea I had: if possible completely remove the codpiece, and maybe even the belly section of the armor, so he just has the breastplate and the belt over the camo.

Maybe ditch the ph 1 helmet for a clone portrait and the rebel helm?

Or ditch the rebel helmet and keep the phase 1.

My thoughts are the same. However the clone armor is a lot canvas. Maybe some graffiti with like text in aurebesh. Or like on the shoulder a imperial logo with a red cancel on it. Something that taunts the Empire since basically a clone wearing Phase 1 is just mocking them by saying we were the Republic.

Here are some updates, thank you for all the feedback, sometimes all it takes is one little suggestion to get the ball rolling in a different/better direction. I am going to try some paint work tomorrow, maybe have some anti Empire thing. Please let me know what you think, I have Gree and Bly clone head sculpts that I can use.

one of the suggestions got me thinking, so I made a crude stencil to see how hard it is to cut. The stencil might be too big, but I am just trying stuff out before I paint. Where would be a good place to have the logo? Sorry for the rough photo, it is just for a visual.

Looking pretty good so far!

Are you wanting to make the white the dominate color?
Then paint the chest armor similar to the 501st armor, but with camo colors in place of the blue.
Then turn the coat into a karma (as suggested already).
If possible, get a Cody phase 1 helmet, repaint similar to Gree's but with camo pattern.

I think so too!, kinda feels like he is a survivalist or something. Maybe I will add a symbol on the chest. I am really liking the trench coat though, I can't bring myself to cut it up for the kama.

I would also say that painting the armor camo colors would look great but only maybe a minor paint job. Painting it like the 501st would look good to. Maybe a diagonal slash here or there but still leave it mostly white.

I have been toying with the idea that the shoulder armor may look cool off the chest armor and attached to the shoulders on the coat.

I have been toying with the idea that the shoulder armor may look cool off the chest armor and attached to the shoulders on the coat.

Thats a good idea, it was just covering the lapels on my first attempt. The shoulder pads are easy to remove, gonna have to give that a try.

I think the Cody head is a huge improvement, the pics with the helmet on were just too much white.

I don't know what your skill levels are (or even if this is an extra head) but a camo facepaint scheme could look really cool.

Either way, I think the current pics are the best so far.

I think the Cody head is a huge improvement, the pics with the helmet on were just too much white.

I don't know what your skill levels are (or even if this is an extra head) but a camo facepaint scheme could look really cool.

Either way, I think the current pics are the best so far.

Thanks, I am happy this is going in the right direction. Actually a Camo scheme is being formulated, I am just deciding what to use, any suggestions?

Back