Custom Painted Berserker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComputerFly

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm working on a Berserker re-paint for DDiV. We were both talking about how 'ashy' the skin tone is on this piece. So, since Will had an extra, he decided to have me customize it. The idea was to make it more like the color of the original Weta piece. Along with the skin tone change, he also wanted to make the blood coming from the beast more 'black'. I added quite a bit of blood splatter as well. What do you guys think?

Berzerker.jpg

Bers1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom Painted Berserker PF

That really makes a Huge difference. Looks way better and the colors are more accurate. Keep up the great work!

definitely less ashy. and I like the white handprints that show. The others were a bit faded.

@thrifty - you are correct sir. The paint hasn't been sealed. Still a work in progress.
@Mesa - I'll probably tone down the white hands just a hair. They pop a little too much now that I look at it this morning. Again, still a WiP.

@thrifty - you are correct sir. The paint hasn't been sealed. Still a work in progress.
@Mesa - I'll probably tone down the white hands just a hair. They pop a little too much now that I look at it this morning. Again, still a WiP.

I was going to say the same thing myself. Great job on the repaint CF, but the hands should be toned down somewhat. They just "pop" too much, to the point where they are a bit distracting.

Looking great so far! I agree with toning done the white hand prints...it's only natural that there would be a bit of fading since he's been in battle and is probably sweaty and dirty. :D

Can't wait to see finished pics! :duff

looks great man, though there wasn't really anything wrong with the original. not like the santa orc.:rolleyes:

Okay so I muted the hands a bit. To be honest, they are waaaay blown out in the photos. For example, in this next set of photos, the hands on the unpainted piece on the left are almost non-existent when viewing, but in the photos, they really stand out. I think the white is just reflecting so much more light than the rest of the dark photo, that they are getting blown out. I dulled the finish down just a hair on the body, and added a tad more blood splatter.

So, here is a regular, side by side with the repaint. The photos are a bit bigger this time if you want to click the 'bar'.

BZ1.jpg

BZ2.jpg

BZ3.jpg

BZ4.jpg

Last edited:

I couldn't find a lot of images from the film for the Berserks, but here is one:

Berzerker_Uruk-Hai.jpg

The hands are very white, and solid.

Last edited:

Looks great so far. There is much more definition to the sculpt in your repaint.

I was a little "meh" about the handprints but the screengrab proved they are correct and the film had even more prints then the PF.

Anyone else notice the belts are very different between the 2 PFs pictured?

Looks great so far. There is much more definition to the sculpt in your repaint.

I was a little "meh" about the handprints but the screengrab proved they are correct and the film had even more prints then the PF.

Anyone else notice the belts are very different between the 2 PFs pictured?

Good eye there m8 o_O

Alright, I think this about does it for this one. Having it in hand, you can really see the improvement in the overall presentation of the piece. I'm not sure how much is relaying to you folks through the photos, but believe me, it looks very nice in person. And again, the hands are no where near as bright as they seem in the photos. With that said, they are supposed to be there, and be fairly bright, as shown in the movie still I posted above.

final1.jpg

final2.jpg

final3.jpg

Last edited:

It is a beautful repaint! All of the details look far more screen accurate, particularly the white mark of Saruman and the blood around the neck of the berserker. Richard Taylor has stated that the makeup for the berserker was suggest the idea that they would fill the helmet with human blood and when they put the helmet on, the berserker Ururk Hai would go into an insane bloodlust frenzy!

The ashy look of the original may come from the idea that the Uruk Hai looked worse and worse as time went on due to the idea that they were genetically engineered for a short and brutal lifespan.

I am a huge nerd and watching Two Towers commentary right now while I am supposed to be working on a database for work!

Back