• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Custom LED Hot Toys Superman Fortress Mod

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump!

And is it possible you could pm me with what I need to mod mine? :pray:

Just made this one for a fellow freak. I have the parts on hand to make one more for anyone interested!!

base1.jpg

base2.jpg

base3.jpg

Just received my mod in the mail today - fantastic work!

Look great, nice and clean - couldn't be happier.

I'll try to post a pic in the next day or two.

Thanks bro!

Finally got around to taking a picture of this beautiful work.

I honestly think it makes a great figure that much better!

Thanks again bro!

Supes.jpg

The light up base is such an awesome idea and it looks fantastic... so jealous hehehe

Im in Australia and I would like to try to mod my own base.

I am so hopeless at these things and thought I'd be cheeky and
ask you if it was OK for you to PM me the details on how to do this as well. I got no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance to any help you may be able to give me.

The light up base is such an awesome idea and it looks fantastic... so jealous hehehe

Im in Australia and I would like to try to mod my own base.

I am so hopeless at these things and thought I'd be cheeky and
ask you if it was OK for you to PM me the details on how to do this as well. I got no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance to any help you may be able to give me.

I can PM you a list of materials you need, but I don't really have a how to. The hardest part is getting the bottom of the base off. I use a specialized oven we have at my work to dry out pc boards. A hair dryer would work too....heat up the base and carefully cut around the plastic bottom with an exacto knife. You also need soldering equipment and a dremel.

I would do a "how to" but I don't want to get busted taking pictures at work lol :)

I can PM you a list of materials you need, but I don't really have a how to. The hardest part is getting the bottom of the base off. I use a specialized oven we have at my work to dry out pc boards. A hair dryer would work too....heat up the base and carefully cut around the plastic bottom with an exacto knife. You also need soldering equipment and a dremel.

I would do a "how to" but I don't want to get busted taking pictures at work lol :)

lol.. thats fully understandable...

I know I asked alot too.. sorry about that.

If you wouldnt mind PM the list of materials , I would appreciate that, maybe I can get a friend to help me with the rest.

Thanks for that. :1-1:

What you need to get:

on/off toggle or push button switch (ebay is a good source)

3 battery AAA compartment (ebay is good source)

wire - 22 to 26 gauge is the easiest to use for this project

7 each quality 5mm LEDs (Do not skimp. I buy these https://www.ledsupply.com/l1-1-w5th15-1.php)

7 each 68 ohm resisters to regulate the current from the battery to the LED. You can google LED resister calculator for more info.

You also need a dremel, silicone, and soldering equipment/supplies.

Hope this helps a little.

Back