Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its like the Medi Maul. Just remove the hand peg and put the HT peg, easy as that.

Actually the medi Luke hand is more like all the original medi figs where the hands and pegs are one piece with a hinge and pin for single movement back and forth. You have to break the post off and dremel out the inside of the glove till a hot toys wrist peg pops in. The other alternative is shaving down the medi wrist peg so it fits in the wrist of the arm. Not ideal cause it never fits well and fall out a lot. Good luck!

Actually the medi Luke hand is more like all the original medi figs where the hands and pegs are one piece with a hinge and pin for single movement back and forth. You have to break the post off and dremel out the inside of the glove till a hot toys wrist peg pops in. The other alternative is shaving down the medi wrist peg so it fits in the wrist of the arm. Not ideal cause it never fits well and fall out a lot. Good luck!

Oh ok. How about the gloved hand. It looks different.

Another alternative would be to buy a set of SSC hands/ gloves from figures such as GI Joe and spray paint the glove black.

Here's something similar I did for Jango Fett.

The SSC gloves work with the TT Slim wrist pegs.

Another alternative would be to buy a set of SSC hands/ gloves from figures such as GI Joe and spray paint the glove black.

Here's something similar I did for Jango Fett.

The SSC gloves work with the TT Slim wrist pegs.

I have the trooper (black one) glove on him now. The seam line on the gloves bother me though. Luke's don't have those lines.

Minor details, but I understand. ;)

Anyways, it was only a suggestion to point you in the direction of what works.
Try looking at Hot Toys selections or other SSC gear.

Sorry bro. None yet. I worked 96 hours last week and well on my way to reaching that this week. I was hoping with school starting and people coming off vacation there would be less work but no such luck. Still trying to find another vac pump to pull the air bubbles out better.

Is $150 a good price for the sideshow Luke?

And whats the best TTM to use for the outfit?

Anyone have a LCS still selling the SS Jedi Luke?

Last edited:
I've been reading this thread for a while. Its amazing to see everyone's custom works and compilations of parts. I have recently managed to get my hands on the Medicom ROTJ Luke so I thought I'd share a pic. Enjoy!
I also used Sideshow GIJOE Cobra Commander Enemy Leader Boots (SC 2614 01)

2013_09_18_02_49_21.jpg

How difficult will it be to fit SS or Medi boots? Will the HT Hans Landa boots look accurate?

How big is the difference between the HT and SS Lightsabers?

Also what was the problem with the Medi Velcro?

Last edited:
How difficult will it be to fit SS or Medi boots? Will the HT Hans Landa boots look accurate?

How big is the difference between the HT and SS Lightsabers?

Also what was the problem with the Medi Velcro?

@abake
Thanks for that. Fixed. =P

@Ninjaknight
Just looking through google pics, the Hans Landa boots look a bit loose or have a thicker sole.

There's nothing wrong with Medicom boots. If you squeeze in a compatible foot then it should be fine I think. I personally like the Cobra Commander boots. I put a reference pic that shows Cobra/Medicom/ military boots from ebay/ Count Dooku 1/6 boots.
The last two look silly when worn because of their size. I think the Hans Landa boots would be somewhere in between the fitted/looser boots
2013_09_26_00_26_34.jpg

I've seen some people say they use 'buck' feet from the SS Luke or the use the medicom boots without any foot pegs. I think I saw mention of using a military branded foot peg with a bit of heating to ease the ball point in.

I went and bought a $30 body from ebay that happened to have a compatible knee joint with the lower leg. Their label is
Custom 1/6 Caucasian Male Narrow Shoulder Nude Body 12" Figure fit hottoys ttl

I had actually tried a cheaper one but that one could barely stand up and was a bit oily feeling. So that was a waste of money.

Back