Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the SS Luke for the outfit and cheap at that, at least compared to what all these figures go for.

I will try for something similar to yours. I haven't decided if I'm going try to get another HT head or just display the battle damaged Luke in bespin clothes and the other RotJ style. I lack the skill to do what you did, but even the regular old Bespin hair could suffice I suppose. I'm very pleased with the Luke-likeness of the HT.

The problem with the SS ROTJ Luke also is that it's a dated toyish looking sculpt compared to today's standards. I know that this does not bother some especially in the SW section and many have built a large collection from the SS offerings over the years and hold s different standard. I can totally understand that. For me though , the HT Luke made all other figures especially human obsolete. It made me go and reword some of the non human figures to get them up to par with him which has been nice, but as of right now as you can see I managed to get another Luke out of the head and use the recent UU Han head to make Han. Right now though only Han and Luke are passable humans in my collection.

I feel this only goes for his hair, which I reworked because of it. Besides my HT Joker and DX Batman (both of which I heavily touched up) I don't understand what you mean by toyish sculpt-wise.

I own the HT Thor for example, and it's well sculpted and painted, but still a toy in my eyes. I'd say the sculpt is one of the saving graves of Jedi Luke, whereas the outfit and body and boots are the things that make it lackluster.

I totally get what he means by "toyish" and he's right, it is very dated. It was SS's first attempt at Star Wars and as such looks like an upgraded Hasbro figure with the deer-in-headlights stare and pursed lips. The noggin is oversized and not 1:6 scale making him look Bobbleheaded. Not a very "realistic" looking portrait by today's standards at all.

This is true, and the lack of detail and refinement in the skin and other fine details.

The adding of the detail to the hair helps a lot and a great paint job will take it far I have no doubt there will be an impressive looking figure at the and of he road. You've always been able to get the best out of the SS offerings. I'm still in utter awe of how you transformed the emporer.

I think the SS Jedi luke is strong in likeness actually but it's by a different standard, the "toyishness" comes from slight exaggeration if features and almost characature/cartoon like nature of the sculpt. Not uncommon with all SS heads of the era, it's an example of how far things have come. It was a strong offering at the time and expression aside or perhaps in spite of the expression it does capture an essence of Hamill that he HT head might not, but overall the HT head hits high marks that this one missed too and not only in realism but in likeness.

Hamill is a hard one to nail down. Just like ford. My favorite Hamill othe than HT is Trevor's stormtrooper sculpt. It captures his dopeyness well.

Hey jim. Not hassling but any update buddy?

Soon. Very soon. I'm on a mini vacation right now with the family and will be back to work soon. Trying to get my house ready to sell and buy a new one and move before next summer so I hot a lot on my plate right now but I will squeeze this in soon.

This is true, and the lack of detail and refinement in the skin and other fine details.

The adding of the detail to the hair helps a lot and a great paint job will take it far I have no doubt there will be an impressive looking figure at the and of he road. You've always been able to get the best out of the SS offerings. I'm still in utter awe of how you transformed the emporer.

I think the SS Jedi luke is strong in likeness actually but it's by a different standard, the "toyishness" comes from slight exaggeration if features and almost characature/cartoon like nature of the sculpt. Not uncommon with all SS heads of the era, it's an example of how far things have come. It was a strong offering at the time and expression aside or perhaps in spite of the expression it does capture an essence of Hamill that he HT head might not, but overall the HT head hits high marks that this one missed too and not only in realism but in likeness.

Hamill is a hard one to nail down. Just like ford. My favorite Hamill othe than HT is Trevor's stormtrooper sculpt. It captures his dopeyness well.

Ah, I guess I know what you mean. I agree that his skin lacks texture, but I guess I will always look at these things as being toys. Pretty ones nonetheless however.

And thanks for the compliment, I take great pleasure in knowing there's people enjoying my work. It's the reason I post these things! :rock

I don't suppose anyone is willing to sell his medicom or sideshow cloak? I love the cloaked look but mine apparently came ripped..

I don't know where the wig list is. Wanted to check to see if I was on. Haven't checked in in months. Is this project still a go?

Still a slow go. Sorry guys. I've been work 24 hour shifts sometimes 36 since I got back from a long overdue vacation and I am wiped out. These 90 hour weeks are kicking my a$$. I hope to have orders filled but have no idea when. I'm supposed to have some time off this weekend but I may be denied. Keep the faith.

Will the wig piece be painted? Add me onto the list as well.

Yes. The color will be in the mold of the wig. I trying to perfect the color so it won't have any paint that could rub off. You are now on the list. Thank you.

Just saw that I'm not on the list.

Jim...would mind putting me on the for two wigs please. One for me and one for a friend.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Back