Custom HT Pred 2 Elder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guys, will do some parts, but need to wait for payday to get some materials.
I will do bits as cheap as possible, and the cost will depend on if you want them painted or unpainted, and exactly waht you want.
I have been re-touching and adding skin details to the body and feet, and will post more updates over the weekend.
The belt may be a problem as I would have to figure out a way to do them though... perhaps just the snakehead and the skull parts and you get yourselves a 1/6 belt?
Dizzy

There may be a way to do the whole belts, if I can find the right thickness styrene (Plasticard) sheets. No promises, but I will try.
Dizzy

That's great! Actually, how about those plastic ties? Looks good source for the belts.
picture.php

The plastic ties all have ribs to lock them in place, and are often that pvc plastic you cannot paint. I have an idea about using the platicard and some thin fabric backing... will try it out soon.
Dizzy

Did some more work over the weekend... first the feet painted... a comparison of before and after (and will be adding details later to finish).

And trimmed the leg posts, drilled out to fit the foot pegs, and extended the leg armour (greaves) at the bottom. I used some plastic styrene (plasticard) as a sleeve, and Miliput to thiken and shape. It blends in really well and leaves no discernable de-markation line when painted. I will be using a similar technique on the Pred 2 (next project!)

And the tri-laser on the plasma cannon.... it looks awesome with the lights down, but the camera flash ruins the pics!

And lastly a dry run with some of the accessories applied. I still need to secure the arms, trim the neck so his head is on and at the right height, and recast several pieces (including the scabbard), but you get the idea from this shot. The thigh armour is too curved, so I will re-cast that flatter and get some thin elastic cord that is not as visible as the thick stuff HT used.
I also thought of doing a base for him, undelit in an orange LED with several of the Predator 2 skulls recasted around the bottom. Or something like that.
I now have some detailing (like getting latex paint to whiten the dreads), adding the hair decorations, another skulls necklace and so on.
Also several pms have come in from people wanting belts and so on. I will try some ideas and do some re-casting after payday (when I get some new resin).
I will post again once i have almost finished him.
Dizzy

why do you show such strange images?
Because my £15 camera takes very large (10 meg) pictures and I have to trim them down with windows paint to post them. I tried using imageshack but could not get the pictures to link with the board.
Dizzy

Okay guys, payday is Monday and I will be ordering some resin etc. Anyone wanting parts re-casted pm me and let me know what you want, and how much you want to pay. I will keep the costs as low as possible, but the price has to cover materials and postage.
Each order will be on an individual basis, so I wont publish prices here.
This section is not really for commerce.
Dizzy

A quick update...
some re-painting on the dreads, using some Stretchi latex paint. The white is a little too white, so I will calm it down with a bit more blue before they are finished and I re-attach the beads.
The first shot shows what a difference the colour makes.

Dizzy

Wow major difference. I never realized how dark the original ones were before.

My god! The sun is out! Quick, rush into the garden and take some pictures so the flash doesn't ruin the shot!!!

Dizzy

Back