Custom HT Pred 2 Elder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzyarse

Super Freak
Reaction score
I miss my old Elder from Pred 2, which I sold about a year ago, and after seeing Adegregorios work on the Neca 18 inch predator https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96721&highlight=neca+elder+cutom+greyback I found some parts on eBay and have begun work.
The idea is to get some of the original Elder parts and get them onto a new predator body, plus make it a bit more movie accurate.
First up comes the head. A good repaint, some quills (made from nylon bristles from a broom) and we are off....
The original HT head, against my re-paint (still got some detail and the beads to add).

Dizzy

Repainted the cobra belt...
A base clour of Bestial Brown, and inter-scales lining with Graveyard Earth brown, then added some texture to look like scales by painting hundreds of tiny oval shapes with clear gloss after the brown shading.
To outline the snake heads and edges of the belt I used a base of Bleached Bone and white highlights.

Dizzy

This is turning out quite nicely. I'll be watching your progress for sure

Upgraded the shoulder bag from the silly little purse to a more ,ovie accurate one, with ribcage as seen in the screen shot. All done by sculpting with Super Sculpey.

Dizzy

Dizzy you're a hero amongst predator collectors, i got two of these babies and you're inspiring me to go kamikaze on one of my Greyback at the risk of coming out utterly crap

Had to rethink the idea about using a wider super pred new body. It is too wide for the armour from the Original pred. I could have waited for the Classic pred to come out and used those, but it would have irritated me that the plasma cannon was wrong. The chest armour I have is about 1/4 inch too narrow, too much to trim, and the natting, greaves and belts are all just a bit too small. So unless anyone has an original body lying around spare that they want to sell cheap it is back to eBay for the body.

Dizzy

You're right Dizzy, that body is way too beefy for Greyback.

But here's the problem, if you're going for the P1 body , as anyone know, that body is a shortie .

Keep the good stuff goin!

You got me worried now, what if I get one and he looks like Mr Potato Head!

Well I decided to use the Tracker pred body, and it is working well so far. Trimming and filling are taking up the next few days, plus my 12 year old son has jumped onto the customising wagon and is doing a pred of his own.
Pics to come in a few days folks.
Dizzy

Make sure you post pics of your pred soon. And definately post pics of your son's too. That's an awesome way to bond.

don't forget to make enough of those belts and shoulder bags for everybody! (or just me)

also, are you gonna do a scabbard for his cutlass?

Hey guys, been busy this week, and thought I would post an update tonight.
But where to start?
Okay, how about the body mods then?
I decided to go with the tracker body, but it has meant a lot of shaving off, and filling in some of the pointy dtail on the body.
The legs were way too fat to look right, so tha calves had a thorough reshaping, until they look like little skinny poles! Trust me, the leg armour looks more like the prop suit shots.
Also had to shave off the gauntlets as they are moulded on... a tricky op as they are almost hollow underneath in places, and the wrist pegs need a bit left at the hand end to go into.
Dizzy

Also some painting. The body mods complete (a comparison shot with an un modified Tracker body first) and the layers going on to the main trunk.
I have completed the top layers, all bar a bit of detailing, and will have it ready for an assembly shot over the weekend.
Dizzy

Back