custom home made thanos statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wierzbowski

Super Freak
Reaction score
So for christmas my brother took it upon himself to make a statue for me. He took my favorite comic character of all time... and added his what I consider amazing artistic skills ... and some sculpey and paint and his own artistic style and flair,... I ended up with the coolest new addition to my collection. My brothers art style may not be for everyone. But I love it. He adds his own twists to things. And basically makes them kinda goofy looking and or hideous. And thanos is no exception hahahahaha. I seriously love this thing and cant wait to proudly display it. Well without further ado.... I present you THANOS THE MAD TITAN.. As imagined by my brother koy j. Campbell. IMAG0959.jpgIMAG0958.jpgIMAG0957.jpgIMAG0954.jpgIMAG0953.jpg

like I said the art style is not for everyone and the hideous factor is what makes it so special. I appreciate the honesty though. It means alot to me though because I know how long it took him to make. I guess thats why I appreciate it so much

Very cool man! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Looks unique and different, plus it's personal and someone took the time to do it. Great stuff. Merry Christmas!

My brother definately has his own style thats for sure. And after this many years its grown on me. This as a present was and is my favorite gift and prob will be for a long time. I appreciate all the kind and even the not so kind words... Its art its always subjective. I just really wanted to show it off to fellow hobbyists. Sidenote i realize now i should have posted this in the customs section im sorry.

My brother is 38 and hes actually a fantastic and amazing artist. He just has a random habit of every now and then taking video game and comic characters and drawing them ..how to put this... Hideous. Its actually funny. He has done many clay sculptures ..custom repaints... Etc etc. He just knows i love thanos. So he decided to spend a few days and create this for me. I loveit. If he doesnt mind and its not against board rules i may actually post a link to some of his artwork. Hes been dying for years to get into comics and animation and i would love to showcase his stuff. He graduated the art institute of philadelphia with a 4.0 average so hes no slouch. Its just such a cut throat field it discourages him. I think its funny he one time recieved a letter from the one and only george lucas. It was a cease and desist letter haha. Him and 2 others had a fan project of the animated clone wars and when lucas found out 3 people made an animated short in the same time it took their 300 plus animators too i think he got upset hahaha.

You are very lucky to have a brother willing to share his talents with you! It's funny, but in my family, I'm always the one creating art for other people. This post has kind of inspired me to make a more concerted effort at it this year. (Us artistic people can easily get distracted and fall behind... :lol)

Thank you for sharing!

Y4nk33 pl4n3t i just asked my brother and he said hell draw a pic up and maybe even make a statue.

Back