Custom Han Solo sculpts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like this sculpt best so far:
MyCustomHanSolo-03.bmp

The Sideshow portraits are actually very well executed. As seen in examples above, some tweaking (repainting at the very least) can show them off to their best advantage. Great job JustinLuck, dekadentdave, and Customikey. :clap

As for the best Han Solo sculpts that I've seen, the distinction has to go to the great Arnie Kim. It's not just about accurately capturing Harrison Ford's likeness. It's about capturing Solo's crafty smirk and the arrogance with which he carries carries himself. Mr. Kim achieved all that with great subtlety:
solo.jpg

Here's another Solo portrait by Mr. Kim. Here, Solo displays that look of incredulity his countenance takes on when things aren't going quite right:
solo3.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
These sculpts are all very nice but none of them including SSC's screams Harrison Ford to me. Even the 1/4 I felt was lacking. I have yet to see a HF headsculpt that really captures the character for me in either Han Solo or Indiana Jones.

I've been thinking about picking up that head... I'd like to see more pics (other angles, painted...) but I like what I see in that pic

The Han heads on ebay are all recasts of Hasbro, SS and Gentle Giant. Quality will definitely vary on the castings.

I've always wanted to get the smiling Han bust and repaint the head for a custom Han. It looks really good in the pics.

Han_Solo_Web.jpg

I have the Han Stormtrooper bust & I really like the sculpting on it:

hansolo.JPG

Back