Custom gears of war chess !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mancolo

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Dunno if you'd might be interested but am thinking of doing a custom chess board with the gears theme. For the pieces I was thinking of using the neca gears figures. Anyone have any suggestions on what characters I should use for certain pieces? Would really appreciate. When I start this project I will post pics on how I gonna make the board and maybe a few tweaks to the pieces.

Gonna be a huge chess set I wager?

Well the pawns, on the locust side should be the regular grubs with a different headsculpt for each one (Or the Tickers!)...I think they made enough variants to warrant this. I think Neca is eventually going to make the Locust queen who would be the queen, and maybe Skorge or Raam being the king (or you could have the queen as king whatever works)

Humans...you'd have Hoffman or marcus as King...Dom as Queen (teehee)

Pawns would be Cog soldiers (carmines)

I dunno too tired to place everyone. A fun idea though.

Yes definatley a huge one this. Had the same idea for the locust grubs with the variant headsculpts . . . gonna write it down now. As for the king and queen was hoping to use Skorge as king since he is more badass then Raam and Raam as the queen since the main queen hasn't come out yet. For the bishops I was thinking of the kantus since they're like the priests. Normal theron guards as knights and boomers as towers. As fort he cog side the cog soldiers would be the pawns yes. King and queen I would go with Marcus and Dom since they're the top main characters in the game. COle and Baird as bishops. Hoffman and Jace as knights and dunno about the towers. What you think?

Yes definatley a huge one this. Had the same idea for the locust grubs with the variant headsculpts . . . gonna write it down now. As for the king and queen was hoping to use Skorge as king since he is more badass then Raam and Raam as the queen since the main queen hasn't come out yet. For the bishops I was thinking of the kantus since they're like the priests. Normal theron guards as knights and boomers as towers. As fort he cog side the cog soldiers would be the pawns yes. King and queen I would go with Marcus and Dom since they're the top main characters in the game. COle and Baird as bishops. Hoffman and Jace as knights and dunno about the towers. What you think?

That's pretty much how I would set them up as well. Good choices all around. Kantus is perfect placement.

Seems like a ridiculous amount of money involved for the figures and sounds a bit tacky. Action figures don't make good chess pieces.

Back