custom Faith from Mirror's Edge by cloudfilter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudfilter

Freaked Out
Reaction score

Faith 02 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Woo! Give us a cheer everyone who loved Mirror's Edge!

Tumbleweed tumbles past weedily... file of a lone wolf howling from a royalty-free sound library plays...

Oh, pretty much just me then. Well, at least everyone liked the character designs from the game didn't they? Yeah? That's better.
Here's my go at Faith.
The headsculpt is all my own work though I should point out only the hair is actually based on Faith directly, the face was finished before I decided to make a Faith figure. So that's why her eyes are completely wrong, just think of her as a cute cosplayer or the actress from a film version! I will make a truly "Faith-ful" head later on down the line but I've got at least four other portraits I want to sculpt first so that's a while off yet. Her large chest isn't an artistic decision either, it's because I failed to plan ahead and get my hands on an Alpha Small Bust in the month they were available so it's going to have to stay that way until Triad re-release them.
Thought I should mention those two elements because I remember the annoying furore when someone put a photoshop of Faith with bigger eyes and breasts on the web a couple of years ago and I want to state explicitly that all deviations from DICE's gorgeous promo art are purely a result of my own shortcomings and aren't editorial decisions :D
I think the part I'm most pleased with is her hair, I don't know how well it comes across in the photos but in hand it really looks like it's being blown by the wind from standing on the edge of a rooftop somewhere.

This is about as much home made as a custom can get which is a step forward for me:
Head and Tabi trainers - mine, resin cast from sculpey masters, the ankle joints don't fit great in the shoes making her a bit unstable. Apart from the ankles they look pretty good I reckon but still the last time I attempt custom shoes for a while I think.
Clothes - sewn from scratch
Glove - Traid repainted with altered wrist joint
Arm Tattoo - one of those permanent CD pens

Full size flickr gallery here.

Faith 08 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Faith 03 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Faith 011 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Awesome,man) Everything is brilliant,but, to my mind. try to hide ankle pegs.because they spoil a bit her brilliant look.

Gotta say, I still think the Alpha is the best female body out there. They're supposed to be more small and large sized versions pretty soon with the second series.

amazing work! I thought i was the only one out there who loved this game!

Back