Custom Diorama for Hot Toys Sgt Barnes and Chris Taylor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snazaro

Freakzoid
Reaction score
A big hello to all fellow collectors and customizes.

I just wanted to share my latest custom diorama with you guys. I have always loved the film of Platoon and having owned the Hot Toys Sgt Barnes and Chris Taylor for a couple of years now I thought it best to showcase the pair in the surrounding they deserve. Also I always found the pair a bit on the clean side so I decided to break the cardinal rule and weather them up (It was a battle field right?). After toying with this idea for a while and sourcing the items I require I finally set to work. I have listed my Youtube video of the finished project.

Pictures to follow in later post....

Materials used :

Styrofoarm for base.
Sulptamould for base covering.
Silk Flowers (Hand cut to different plant and leave designs).
Various plant types from local aquatic suppler (Sprayed and painted as they tend to look very plastic)
Bog wood from local aquatic supplier (mostly fern effect sprayed and weathered).
Various Woodland Scenic’s base turfs and plant foliage.
Exo Terra Plantation Soil Brick (Add water, break it down and dry) for forest floor. Available from reptile shops.
Real twigs for forest floor (Covered with Woodland Scenic’s green blend for moss effect and weathered).
Real leaves crushed down for forest foliage.
Delux materials, solid water effect resin
Tamiya weathering pads.
Super Glue
Hi tack glue
Tamiya acrylic paints

And lots of Patience

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYij2IbrPc[/ame]

Please enjoy and I would love to hear your comments......

Please subscribe for my other custom dioramas....More to follow...... Predator 1 Jungle hideout to in the making.....???

Kind regards

Snaz

Last edited:
Really like it, Snazaro. Nice showcase for the two soldiers and one could see it working well with Predator or GI Joe figures, too.

Hello to all.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Not wanting to get off topic but as a few people have pointed out this base would suit a Predator. I had a few materials left from the build and had started a Dio for my Hot Toys Pred 1. Got a bit left to do but its work in progress. Just thought I would share a few sneak peaks.

Thanks once again all and will post a new thread when this Dio is complete.

Snaz

Really inventive, Snaz! I thought the first dio was very suitable for Predator but I like how you've made it so much more character specific in the second. Very cool.

Thanks for you kind words guys.

Hope to post some more pictures when I have an opportunity. Busy on the Pred Dio at the moment.

Thanks again

snaz

Back