Action Figure Ancient Waterfall 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

I know it's not indy but I thought you guys would enjoy this.

This dio was the inspiration of this artwork (below) from a fantastic artist Alexey Samokhin and you can find is others works here www.mexart.ru.

ancient_waterfall__by_sidxartxa-d5lo4w9.jpg

While I was searching for reference material for a dio I want to make I came across the above artwork of a Mayan/Aztec looking structure with a waterfall coming out of it, I totally loved the look of the artwork and contacted Alexey Samokhin and asked would he mind me making his artwork into a diorama.

Alexey was more then happy with me making his artwork into a diorama and with a little customizing interpertation the diorama was made. I decided to make the dio into a glass/shadowbox display as I wanted to make it look like it had depth to it.

I have to thank Alexey for allowing to make his wonderful artwork into a diorama I had a great time making it and if you like to see more of Alexey's amazing work just hit the link above.

RECIPE

The Figure - The figure is made of the lower legs of a Hasbro's Indiana Jones Ugha Warrior, torso from Cemetery Warrior. The arms are from Hasbro's Star Wars Dagobah look and the head is from a Clonetrooper and the hands I got from the bits box.

The spear is made from plasticard, cardboard and model ship rope. The necklace is made using plasticard and model ship rope, the head piece was made using thinly cut pieces of marine foam. and the loin cloth and wrist and arm bands are made using pieces of left over cloth from the bits box.

The Base - was made frame was made using a picture frame from a two dollar shop, balsa wood and foamcore. the structure and stone work stream were made using High Density foam, I drew the design onto the foam and then with a led pencil scribed over the areas I had marked out.

The stone head was cut out from High Density foam and then carved into shape and was glued inplace I used a piece of sandstone and pushed that into the foam to give it a natural stone look.

The ground work was built up using plastacine and plaster and once dry I painted the ground and then used dried out potty mix to cover it. The palms trees were and other plants were picked up from the local pet shop, the palms were for a lizard inclosure and had to be repainted and then cut to look like palms. The palm trunks are real pieces of branches I got from the front garden and are perefect as they look like real palm trees.

The waterfall was made using woodland scenics water affects and the steam was done by using woodland scenics realistic water and PVA glue. The white froth affects on the water fall and stream were done by using a little watered down white paint. The hanging vines are pieces of vine a got from a florist, they come in large buddles and I just cut off pieces I wanted.

Once the base work had been done I got on the net and downloaded and printed off some backdrops and glued them inplace to give the diorama a little more depth.

aw1.jpg

aw2.jpg

aw3.jpg

aw4.jpg

aw6.jpg

aw8.jpg

aw9.jpg

aw11.jpg

aw12.jpg

Ron

Hey man this is awesome. I'm gonna want to commission you to do a 19L x 22d x 22h idol chamber from raiders!

Damn, great work again Ron!

Love to see a 1/6th scale indy chased by hovitos with the plane in the background.

Or 'the well of souls' :)

Best,

Robert

Hi All,

bbl - Thanks Robert and a 1/6 scale Hovitos chase or Well of Souls would be awesome especially in a shadow box. I'll have to have a think about those while I'm doing my boulder chase scene.

Ron

Back