Custom Cyberdyne shootout, This is not the Hot toys arnold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripping the paint from arnies head:monkey2

Alas, i guess this is nice bc i can show you guys a stage by stage on the head.

Thanks for all the support guys, I just saw the Enterbay battle damaged T-800, oh man , come tax refund time that will be mine. . . .oh yes. . .it will be mine

But ill prolly customize a 1/6 version anyways. . . .I do have an old Horizon 1/6 model kit, it would have the perfect knee piece, chest, and i could cast the head. . . . heck yeah

Stripping the paint may be a good idea, that way you may get rid of that textured look to the skin the neca head has.

Yeah the Neca head does have an overly textured nature, but i ill use it anyway, i think its just one of the best sculpts out there
Heres the head basecoated, then i add two washed of red to creat all of my shadows, then ill drybrush it(aaahhhhh) to just map the highlights, ill use a thinned down basecoat to even out the texture, through multiple thin coats of paint as seen in the last picture.

Tonarow ill post pics of the head smoothed out, its an odd technique but one im reletivlyt pleased with

Yeah the Neca head does have an overly textured nature, but i ill use it anyway, i think its just one of the best sculpts out there
Heres the head basecoated, then i add two washed of red to creat all of my shadows, then ill drybrush it(aaahhhhh) to just map the highlights, ill use a thinned down basecoat to even out the texture, through multiple thin coats of paint as seen in the last picture.

Tonarow ill post pics of the head smoothed out, its an odd technique but one im reletivlyt pleased with

Yeah its a good sculpt for sure, I still got mine mib. I wish neca would produce more terminator figures in 12", I would buy them all:)

Looking forward to the finished paint job and complete figure, keep us posted.

I know right! I have thier smaller scale ceyberdyne shootout fig that i painted as well! ill maybee photo him as well. Aw dude, im jealouse, i had to open mine to cast the head, but you know, at this age ive come to realise there are toys i will never sell, so opening certain things is almost enjoyable, instead of nerve wracking lol

Skull id love to see a photo of your termie collectoion? Throw that bad boy right up on the thread here :clap

Heres the head after the initial four or five watery "blending coats", as well as eyes and lips blocked in with various gw washes and a little line work

Under different lighting (in my kitchen) heres the new head finished and on thee figure, i just got my watch band to act as ammo chute so hopefully this figure will be completed soon:impatient:

Skull id love to see a photo of your termie collectoion? Throw that bad boy right up on the thread here :clap

Ahhhh I don't think I have it all pictured in one place and alot is not pictured at all. I got a lot of differant stuff, most of the hot toys barring the first t-800 endos, and hamburger face and the t-700 under construction. I got both the neca 12" versions, a bunch of there 7" stuff, the old kenner 12" from t2 3D and a bunch of there old 5" figures, the enterbay 1/4 scale clean version, my custom wip t3 t-850, and I think thats it!

t3update005.jpg

t-800ansarah010.jpg

dx10001.jpg

snake021.jpg

terminatorshelf006.jpg

comparsion001.jpg

kennerterminator001.jpg

kennerterminator005.jpg

kennerterminator003.jpg

And then some!!!

looks pretty good !...got the grenades upside down though ;)

Dooooh! you know i guess it feels more natural to have munitions pointed away from the face, but from a reloading aspect(much in the way you see some spec ops guys with a knife upside down on thier clavacle(sp?), its easier to draw/load)it seems to maybe make sense.

Thanks guys for all the kind words!!!

And skull, man you are kiling it!:clap:clap. . .so jealouse of the collection, and dam i want enterbays battle damaged t-800, aw i thought i had the holy grail when i got the clean version, but i think they are like a holy grail duo, you have to have both to get the best out of them, the clean version gets the bd's weapons kit and shirt, and the bd version , well its just badass on itas own!, maybe give it the clean versions endo arm?

Heres some more pics. . . .grenades corrected

Heres some more pics, thanks for all the responses guys, knit pick this thing, i want to get the best custom i can make.

Heres some more pics, thanks for all the responses guys, knit pick this thing, i want to get the best custom i can make.

Well if you want a nitpick, you got a brown belt on his pants and it needs to be black:wink1:

Thanks for your comment on my collection bro:hi5:

Back