Custom Sideshow/Hot Toys GI JOE Snake Eyes '85 & Timber (updated - VERSION 2 - 6/12)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melanarus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Custom Sideshow/Hot Toys GI JOE Snake Eyes '85 & Timber (updated - VERSION 2 - 6/12)

I just wanted to share this figure I just recently completed, it's on Ebay (I'm nearly done making a 2nd identical one for myself.) but I really wanted to share it with the real Snake Eyes fans. I've made about 50 custom figures and this is my best one!

8861103552_bcbbe92b98_o.jpg
8861101794_538c8c8595_o.jpg

8860515669_35dc1074d1_z.jpg

8861121818_f098177e86_c.jpg

8861122970_91e6218052_o.gif

I first had the idea to make this figure a few years back when I saw Kato make the black jumpsuits that would make for a great Snake Eyes. Until recently I hadn't seen anyone make a custom Snake Eyes and Timber to look like the 3 3/4" figure and comic book version so I invested $500 to get the parts and went to work over several month putting it together step by step.

The head sculpt is a re-sculpted Sideshow Snake Eyes head with visor higher with the head sculpted longer with a different profile. I re-sculpted the Sideshow 1st v. Snake Eyes giant sword to be a bit more like a Japanese sword. The rest of the figure is NOT made by any Sideshow parts. The boots are custom as is everything on the figure really. The grey accessories on Snake Eyes look much darker in person, the flash makes the grey peices look brighter reflecting the light off the flash.

Timber is a custom re-sculpted and painted wolf that is made from ABC plastic I believe because I chiseled the face away it looked like the stuff. I mainly re-sculpted the face and then went over the body blending the fur to match the style of fur I sculpted for the face. I used photo reference of real Timber Wolves to sculpt and paint Timber with over several days. I wasn't a fan of the Sideshow Timber with joints.
8860487915_91b8e3bf75_c.jpg

I also made a completely custom Snake Eyes unmasked face based somewhat on the 87" comics reveal of Snake Eyes' face, but I tried to make the scars and his face overall cooler than the comic version. Even as a kid in 1987 the Snake Eyes face reveal was a real let down so I wanted to make my own version of it and I'm satisfied with it.
8861122208_fe2a8bf19b_o.jpg

8860490661_d2b6a7f9d1_o.jpg
8860490217_1ea0aa85e1_o.jpg

The figure is a Hot Toys muscle body with Perseus muscle legs added to make it the best Snake you can make! I gave two Uzi's to Snake Eyes, a mini and full size. The pistol for Snake Eyes holster, my choice was to give him a 70's era pistol and silencer since he has a Ninja background I thought he would use a silencer on his pistol. The Knife is a cool k-bar. For the shoulder pouches I decided to make them pistol clip pouches and the ones on his boots being mini pouches.

thanks for looking!

8860490857_0c23844592_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom Sideshow/Hot Toys GI JOE Snake Eyes '85 & Timber with KATO jumpsuit

This thing is excellent. I especially love timber. Great job.

Much respect, man. Great job. Your SE is a thing of envy.

I'm impressed. you managed to make the gimp suit look cool

That's a really cool custom! Great attention to detail translating that 80's comic book Snake Eyes into a 1:6 scale figure. I also prefer your unmasked Snake Eyes to to comic version. That comic version creeped me our with that crazy eye. Heebeejeebies, man. And that paint job on Timber? In-cred-i-ble.

Not too Bad.

Thanks for the compliments. I deiced to upgrade the figure. Here is Version 2 on a BANE Hot Toys muscle body which works way better. Also switched one of the belts to a military one which adds to the look.

9017666287_91a234e163_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back