Custom Colossus from Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid_squires

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Just seeing what kind of interest is there, I've begun work on this, it's an odd kitbash/ custom. I've sourced out all the parts I need/can't make on my own, the boots will be a complete custom, extra long foot pegs, the long legs from the B007 narrow shoulder figure you can find on eBay with extra padding in black cargo pants to beef up the thighs. I'm using the ACI Andrew body torso as a base to sculpt the body on and then cast it from scratch and custom sculpting the head. Debating how to do the hands and his vest currently and if I should make a 1/6 protein bar in hand. By my estimation once I get all the pieces he should be roughly 13 to 13 1/2 inches tall.

Not something I'm interested in, however a quick suggestion. If you can find a Hot Toys Ivan Drago body it might be a better starting point. That was incredibly oversized, coming in more around 7'6" scale of so, which would be good for a Colossus. You could then bulk out from there.

I'd love to see work in progress of this project Squid! Not much interest for x-men customs here but I'm super interested to see how it turns out. Please post pic's when you get a chance or pm me. Soldier on man, Colossus from Deadpool I thought looked amazing and a shame that Hot Toys didn't at least attempt this.

Just seeing what kind of interest is there, I've begun work on this, it's an odd kitbash/ custom. I've sourced out all the parts I need/can't make on my own, the boots will be a complete custom, extra long foot pegs, the long legs from the B007 narrow shoulder figure you can find on eBay with extra padding in black cargo pants to beef up the thighs. I'm using the ACI Andrew body torso as a base to sculpt the body on and then cast it from scratch and custom sculpting the head. Debating how to do the hands and his vest currently and if I should make a 1/6 protein bar in hand. By my estimation once I get all the pieces he should be roughly 13 to 13 1/2 inches tall.

Not a bad suggestion but I can't sculpt on a rubber body, it wouldn't hold up under the forces needed to manipulate the clay I'm using, it's a dense clay so I can actually buff it to a shine before I mold it so it'll accept the chrome paint easier and be more reflective.

Making the vest will be a major block. Body-wise I've seen a good one that made use of the marvel 12 inch colossus

Making the vest will be a major block. Body-wise I've seen a good one that made use of the marvel 12 inch colossus
I've seen that one as well but I'm hoping to make it as close to scale with the HT as possible and hopefully the quality, I have a few different types of black rubber I'm planning on trying for the arms ranging from 40d shore hardness to 80d. My biggest hurdles are defiantly the vest and making it in a rubber that can flex enough for the joints to pop in but hard enough that the paint will fuse and not crack

image.jpg
Torso and upper arms blocked in, started smoothing the clay, once it's almost reflective I'll add in the coil lines before glossing the parts.

wow, looks good. u planning to offer extras for sale?

Once I complete one I'll be able to make more, I'm not planning to as of now because I'm not sure how it will turn out and I don't have a source for his vest. That being said if it comes together nicely I will do an extremely limited run. Like maybe 10.

Would you be able to do a 2nd arm like that? I need one for my X-Men Cable custom.
It depends on what body you're using for cable. I was debating once this is Moulded to make a winter solider style to fit on the Ttm19 body which would be better suited for cable unless your going with a giant sized muscular body.

I think I' going to use a medium sized muscle body for him. I dont think he needs to be that big. I was considering using a Barney Ross one but I dont like the body type now. Probably a ttm 20 style or a Thor AOU style. I think it would work on there

It depends on what body you're using for cable. I was debating once this is Moulded to make a winter solider style to fit on the Ttm19 body which would be better suited for cable unless your going with a giant sized muscular body.

I think I' going to use a medium sized muscle body for him. I dont think he needs to be that big. I was considering using a Barney Ross one but I dont like the body type now. Probably a ttm 20 style or a Thor AOU style. I think it would work on there

The colossus arms I'm making will only work with an ACI body, I have a TTM 20 that I could work a Cable arm off but it'll be put on the back burner until about December as I'm about to start filming soon leaving me with very little free time.

Size comparison to the zc emulated wolverine body image.jpg
I have the longer legs now but I need to deconstruct them and fit all the parts together before I can mold anything.

After absence due to work I'm back and I have the whole torso done, just need to put a gloss coat on it. Once I do that I'll start posting pictures again. Head sculpt has begun and just debating what hands to make.

Back