Custom Cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of these I'm presently using. They are 48" W, 72"T, and 20" D. Each has 4 adjustable glass shelves and the shelf itself is 14" deep and 48" long. 1/4" thickness is what they measure in at. I've had these for two years now and overall they are great for our collections. Problems you will inevitably deal with... The door's bottom rollers are made of either plastic or a very soft metal. These will flatten and cause the doors to 'hop' when you try to slide them open. This causes the cabinet to shake so beware of this as loose standing figures will likely fall over. I have had one shelf just shatter for unexplained reasons. The shelf had 10 1/6 scale figures displayed on it and all were spread out. The weight on that shelf was quite light in my opinion, but the shelf just popped and all those figures and glass fell onto the Tumbler I had displayed on the bottom. Luckily nothing was damaged and the glass was easily removed from the Tumbler. I presume the shelf was defective. There are metal shelf support rods you can get for around $6 each, and 2 are recommended for each shelf. I purchased these cabinets from a place called Gully's. Gullys.com is their website. I'm waiting for my last cabinet to arrive. it will fit between these two. Its 70"W, 72"T, and 20"D. Lighting and background designs will follow once I get all my yet to be opened figures out.

So many of these cases cost twice or even 3 times as much here in UK. We're totally being ripped off on all fronts! :gah:

Plus I just read that the material ikea uses to make the bestas and pax (Their fake wood like stuff) is very bad for your health.

I Have bought 5 Bestas around 2 years ago for my collection, the worst thing about them is that the paint start to get removed on it's own.
nobody touches my display and I dust it once a month and every month I notice that the shelves corners wood is getting more exposed.

I am from a very hot and humid country (Saudi Arabia) so this might be the reason, but I wouldn't recommend the Bestas for any "hardcore perfectionist" collector.

I am from a very hot and humid country (Saudi Arabia)

I know your country has more problems than falling IKEA furniture, but honestly, there are hundreds of people here in the forum that will swear by Besta cabinets. I think maybe the issue is you're environment, coupled with potentially defective cabinets - you should contact IKEA, they have generally very good warranty service.

Back