Custom Bases for Hot Toys Figures (Jack Sparrow Base finished, interests list)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Bases for Hot Toys Figures

I'd be interested in these. I think custom diorama bases are fantastic. I like your Jack Sparrow. Perhaps something for Indiana Jones or Terminator. Star Wars is always popular.

I would recommend making them screen accurate and marketing them by showing the corresponding shot from the movie.

Suggestion:
I'd like to see a section of a broken down house/cabin, either interior or exterior. could be useful for zombies, Jason, general horror characters, or even post-apocalyptic types. Conceivably, it would just be a modification of the Jack sparrow-style base you've already done such nice work on.

Nice diaoramas:)
The problem is space and shipping prices as mentioned I think.

Great detail and price aswell.
Maybe people are slow aswell due to you being new and not having built up a reputation for delivering (yet).

All the best;)

I'd be interested in these. I think custom diorama bases are fantastic. I like your Jack Sparrow. Perhaps something for Indiana Jones or Terminator. Star Wars is always popular.

I would recommend making them screen accurate and marketing them by showing the corresponding shot from the movie.

Hi nexus!!! Thanks for your suggestions, they are really useful! But you have to remember one thing.. it's really a problem to make screen accurate dioramas when you have a really really limited space. For example, it's not possible to make the base for jack Sparrow screen accurate, because in fact it's not possible to find in the movie the exact scene in which he stands in the exact environement that can be reduced and reproduced on a base, right? Best thing I can do is to realize something that can appears for the customer realistic and appropriate for the "frame" of the character.
In fact my purpose is to give to action figures the dignity of a premium format, and if you think premium format's bases are not screen accurate, but always appropriate for the character!

Suggestion:
I'd like to see a section of a broken down house/cabin, either interior or exterior. could be useful for zombies, Jason, general horror characters, or even post-apocalyptic types. Conceivably, it would just be a modification of the Jack sparrow-style base you've already done such nice work on.

This is a great idea, and I think i will realize it, but I need to find the perfect way to realize a broken wall without using polystyrene, because it gives a really good effects but it appears a little "fake", in my opinion.

Nice diaoramas:)
The problem is space and shipping prices as mentioned I think.

Great detail and price aswell.
Maybe people are slow aswell due to you being new and not having built up a reputation for delivering (yet).

All the best;)

You are perfectly right. i'm in this "buisness" from July, and I think it will took some time to be a little "famous". It's also true that I have not a lot of free time, so probably in the following years i will not be able to produce tons of commissions! I just hope to have the right amount of work, and to see my customers satisfied.

Cheers!

amazing work bro, I would live one of those Jack Sparrow Dio's

Those dioramas are incredible.

They make the figures look even more realistic. Being a great backdrop is good enough, but the fact that they make the figure itself look better is even more impressive.

Those dioramas are incredible.

They make the figures look even more realistic. Being a great backdrop is good enough, but the fact that they make the figure itself look better is even more impressive.

This is what really make sense to my work. Thanks my friend, I'm really happy to see that my work is appreciated in the biggest collectors community of the world!

:yess: great great stuff :D

Thanks DeathStroke =)

By the way, this is only a little little update. I apologize for the really slow progress, but I have other commissions and until nex week I can work on this project only on my free time. Here we have the finished floor with the stuff on. It misses a wooden crate and a bigger bag. it's clear that I took inspiration from the premium format, but I've also added my personal touch!

20121002174022.jpg

20121002174039.jpg

FINISHED!!!
Set includes:
- one wooden base
- one wooden crate
- one wooden and metal barrel
- one big treasure map
- one little treasure map
- one little money bag
- one big dirty bag
- 5 copper coins

For multiple orders, price will be of 50 EUR. Sorry but i think that I can't price it less. I am willing to combine shipping if you are interested in the same place. If some users are interested, we could combine a single shipment to a trusted person, then this person could arrange shipments definitely cheaper at all. In this way the shipping would cost for 3/4 copies only 7 euro.
this is just a suggestion!

I officially open the interest list, please let me know and i'll put your name! Feel free to ask me everything!

I apologize for bad quality pictures, but I don't have any professional equipment!! I'll try to make some better pictures in the future!

dsc02848c.jpg

dsc02849hf.jpg

dsc02850w.jpg

dsc02851cg.jpg

FINISHED!!!
Set includes:
- one wooden base
- one wooden crate
- one wooden and metal barrel
- one big treasure map
- one little treasure map
- one little money bag
- one big dirty bag
- 5 copper coins

For multiple orders, price will be of 50 EUR. Sorry but i think that I can't price it less. I am willing to combine shipping if you are interested in the same place. If some users are interested, we could combine a single shipment to a trusted person, then this person could arrange shipments definitely cheaper at all. In this way the shipping would cost for 3/4 copies only 7 euro.
this is just a suggestion!

I officially open the interest list, please let me know and i'll put your name! Feel free to ask me everything!

I apologize for bad quality pictures, but I don't have any professional equipment!! I'll try to make some better pictures in the future!

dsc02848c.jpg

dsc02849hf.jpg

dsc02850w.jpg

dsc02851cg.jpg

Just updated first and second posts on the first pahe with all the informations. i also opened an interest list, just to understand if anyone is interested in this product.
Cheers!

Back