Custom Asajj Ventress by Adam Hughes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is freakin SICK!!!

She looks vicious!! Much more Sith evil in her.

She kinda reminds me of the vampires from Salems Lot.

Great figure Andy. I'm a HUGE fan of both you and Adam. Damn! :)

May I ask why the production head is rounder and larger? It's kind of one of my personal beefs with some of the SST production heads. Is that just part of the conversion process into vinyl?

cheers,
Rob

Last edited:
Hi Rob,

It wasn't a side effect of production, the sculpt was specifically changed to be larger/rounder (not by me). I can't recall why, I think it was just a matter of preference on SS's part.

Wow, that looks great! She looks like after she slices and dices you, she'll just suck the blood right out of you (which might not be such a bad way to go)! Kudos to both Adam and Andy!

Thanks for the reply Andy. Too bad SST chose to go that way, I really do prefer the shape and size of your original sculpt. Again, great job by the both of you.

I really like the more exotic features on your original hs Andy. :rock

After seeing Mace,Luke and now Assajj......

I think lucas guys should hire you to make final judgement call on all sculpts, you seem to have a better eye for the Star Wars actor likeness and your sculpt work is aces.

Assajj_041b_lorez.jpg

Hey Andy...I noticed the gauntlets are custom too. They look awesome. Did you do anything else to customize her outfit?

I like the thinner sculpt... she seems more simian and more deadly.

Looks great painted like that as well.

This sculpt and paint job look amazing. Looks like Mr. Hughes talent translates well to 1/6 scale figures. The face sculpt is errie, looks more menacing, like she has the dark side in her.

How were you able to hookup with Adam Hughes for this figure, does he do 1/6 scale stuff on the side?

Oh... My... god.. That is fantasticly creepy. One of the best renditions of one of my favorite all time characters I've ever seen. Damn that makes me wish you Sold castings of your work. But i'm sure that would Violate some manner of IP laws. :rolleyes: Oh, and after looking at your Gallerey, I've got to say Best Luke sculpt Ever. :)

Hey Andy...I noticed the gauntlets are custom too. They look awesome. Did you do anything else to customize her outfit?

Wish I could take credit! All the customizing was done by Adam, he does some fine work doesn't he? Here's some notes he sent me about the rest of the figure, along with a couple other images---

I used a male Medicom body, because it filled the costume out nicely, and for the variety of hands. I extended the neck by just cutting off the Sideshow Assajj neck and gluing it to the Medicom neck, stacked and such. I stuck some boobs in from some busty anime vinyl figure (KING OF FIGHTERS?) I had laying about. I gave her Newline leather jackboots, because I thought she needed sh*tkickers; also I like my jumpy Force users to be able to do toe-points. Her gauntlets are from one of those Triad Toys leather dominatrix outfits for Cy Girls that you can find on eBay.

Assajj%2520069_lorez.jpg

Assajj%2520223b_lorez.jpg

piccolodaimaoh said:
How were you able to hookup with Adam Hughes for this figure, does he do 1/6 scale stuff on the side?

Adam is a friend and happens to be a fellow 1/6 geek, he just did this for his personal collection.

That last one is my favorite. It pretty much spells out why the new Clone Wars cartoon is going to totally :rock

That's actucally amazing... I'm seriously considering to pick this figure up now, know it can be painted to look sooo cool!!! I passed because she didn't look evil enough or at all... Nice job Andy & Adam!:monkey5

Wow.... Andy really made this figure about 2000 times cooler than before. Sick poses, sick paint work... Makes me want to do the same damn thing to mine. :lol

Back