Prop Custom 89 belt with accurate strap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregday

Freakalicious
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Upgrade to my 1989 Utility Belt: When I acquired the metal buckle last year, the seller included a (latex or urethane) piece of crap belt with it. I tried to fix it up, but it was never going to be great. So after lots of searching I now have in hand the correct strap for this belt. It's actually a piece of side molding for a 1988 Chevy Silverado (Ah propmasters. Is there any piece of junk you can't turn into treasure?), which is impossible to find anymore. It's been color matched and professionally painted to match the buckle. Looks kind of cartoony in person but that's kind of why I love it. It's pretty rigid on its own but has no problem opening up and flexing.

Next step is to replicate the 4 little pods that line the belt. Found some screen-accurate (1st gen cast-offs) pods to use as my base, but I need to recast them in metal and bake on the enamel yellow just like the buckle. Although I think the belt looks pretty stellar even without them. It's killing me that I don't have any sort of method for hanging the speargun on the belt. Kind of cries out for it.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

Back