Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spook is back!

2l89vu.jpg

My first Spook was 2005, I think. The one thing that's been consistent for every Spooktacular that I've participated in is the complaining about how the previous years were better. But I didn't think Spook really lost its luster until Sideshow went all in on social media (I don't recall exactly what year that was). Once that happened, the entire tone of the event changed from an online Halloween celebration with internet friends to just another "like, share, and smash that subscribe button" thing.

I miss the irc chat, I miss being glued to my computer and phone all day and all night trying to score that sweet discount or prize, I miss the unique contests and scavenger hunts, I miss learning about past Sideshow products, I miss harassing the web guy (I'm really sorry that I can't recall his name), I miss blowing a sizable gift card prize on an Edward Cullen doll and seeing everybody in chat explode. I miss all of it, and that's why I come back here every year, poke in to see what's new, say hi to some of the other old timers, and the pop back out.

This is pretty much what I was getting at with my post a couple days ago. It's not simply the low RP. It's much more.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

While of course these $1 codes are not ideal, especially for the three that have been released in the middle of the night (United States time), they have given out $17 of them so far, with two and a half days of Spook left to go. So while it seems like the total will be a far cry from the $60 or $70 in year's past, it's still at least $20 I didn't have at this time last week!

Here's where we stand so far-

Untitled.jpg

While of course these $1 codes are not ideal, especially for the three that have been released in the middle of the night (United States time)

Don't worry there have also been enough in the middle of the night European Time.

I'm still hoping they step it up this week.

I was reading the comments on Insta.....whatever it is.
People were like "thanks for the code Sideshow"
It got me thinking what could I buy with my dollar (78p in the UK)
Not enough for a Big Mac.
Actually, not enough for Fries!
In the expensive world of collectibles it doesn't even cover the postage on the 'free' Court of dead pin Sideshow are trying to 'give' me.

So yeah, woo hoo! 😉

I'll take what SSC is willing to give honestly, as I can catch the codes. The value isn't exciting, but it's more than I had before the event for little more than copying and pasting a code. But, I completely agree with the active times on them. If they're only a buck, why only 30 minutes to redeem them?

I'll take what SSC is willing to give honestly, as I can catch the codes. The value isn't exciting, but it's more than I had before the event for little more than copying and pasting a code. But, I completely agree with the active times on them. If they're only a buck, why only 30 minutes to redeem them?

I think before (for the most part) when they were $5 codes you had 5 minutes or less - It would seem that if they gave out $1 codes they can leave them up longer so more people can add them. Hence the 30 minutes.

I know last year they did the newsletter codes, which were nice and lasted longer

Overall It makes sense on a level - give less to more more people then give more to less people
None of us really know how many people are collecting these codes and how much they are really giving away

From our own perspective it seems they are giving a lot less but the event has grown (like all things that grow) events are adjusted to compensate

SDCC is a perfect example - I used to be able to drive up the day of and buy my ticket at the show - now it is a fight online to see if I can get a ticket to attend

While of course these $1 codes are not ideal, especially for the three that have been released in the middle of the night (United States time), they have given out $17 of them so far, with two and a half days of Spook left to go. So while it seems like the total will be a far cry from the $60 or $70 in year's past, it's still at least $20 I didn't have at this time last week!

Here's where we stand so far-

View attachment 431706

Le table

Back