Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
j32SjnL.jpg

All I know is that this is the first Sideshow event when I get a notification on my phone and I don't stop whatever it is I'm doing in order to rush to the site and input the latest 'reward' code. My time may not be worth much these days, but it's still worth more than a dollar discount... :lol

I've only purchaed 1 figure from Sideshow in those last 3 years with reward points. No other reason to buy from them at all now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I keep flicking my preference between them and Popcultcha… For a while there I thought P/C was my new go-to, but several of my orders of late haven't earned any pennies and I'm not sure why (there are only so many customer reviews I can do for Popcultcha Pennies).. and I've had a couple of long waits, such as Homecoming Spiderman.. shame, as I really do like the cheaper shipping and bubble wrapping for the Hot Toys..

I keep flicking my preference between them and Popcultcha… For a while there I thought P/C was my new go-to, but several of my orders of late haven't earned any pennies and I'm not sure why (there are only so many customer reviews I can do for Popcultcha Pennies).. and I've had a couple of long waits, such as Homecoming Spiderman.. shame, as I really do like the cheaper shipping and bubble wrapping for the Hot Toys..

If you're relying on pennies, you had best take a record of all your orders for which pennies haven't been added, and email and or ring and they'll manually add them to your account.

I once asked them about this problem and 'supposedly' it has something to do with their preorders not recording them for some stupid reason which made no logical sense at all. You'll find that at the moment most long range preorders don't have pennies attached.

I myself don't rely on their pennies system for most of my orders as I'm classified as a VIP customer and get 10% off everything, but that benefit is offset by not being able to earn pennies on that account.

Popcultcha aren't receiving Hot Toys as early as they used to. Considering Sideshow seems to be getting their shipments close to the release of the product in HK, I wouldn't be surprised that this is some deal Sideshow have made with Hot Toys. I have not heard about my Dark Anakin or 10 years Cap preorders from Popcultcha, why is it taking so long?

Just send them an email about pennies for preorders, they do manually add them and have always done it quickly for me. I still have to email them about pennies for Yondu.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It’s been in decline for years. Though I’m glad they still do something.
I personally preferred it before SSC went bananas for every social media platform. Like when there was the chat, more scavenger hunts, games, more giveaways, etc. The community feeling was much stronger and unique to me. You could bet the people that was participating in Spook were there because they loved SSC and collectibles, and wanted engage with other weirdos. I am still glad they do it, but it ain't what it used to be. At least for me. Or maybe I'm just becoming an old crochety fart.lol

So that was the second day and all RP giveaways were $1? Hm. I wonder if they're even going to go beyond a buck this year. I know it makes people sound like ungrateful jerks, but people will be less inclined to even engage with Spook, or stay up waiting for RP if this is it. Even the $3 add up and are worth it, if you ask me. Has there been 7 so far? I've snagged 4. If those were $3 would have had an extra $12. And some people get them ALL. It is a lot of money at the end of Spook to have given away. Maybe they just can't afford it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The $1 codes aren't thrilling, but it's the 30 minute access that is the kick to the nuts IMO. I can get a $1 coupon for a box of cereal that lasts a month.

My only gripe with SS. Some (most) retailers offer free shipping on a figure. It costs me on average 20 bucks extra to ship plus a 10 dollar pack out because they don’t double box. So I’m 30 down with them at get go. That’s why I need reward points.

Back