Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you want an Exclusive it's almost always been cheaper to source pieces from Popcultcha rather than directly from Sideshow. For my last statue purchase I would've had to spend an additional 60% plus to get the Ex from Sideshow.
5 years ago the dollar was at par and it was much cheaper to purchase from Sideshow. Statues are ridiculously overpriced now, I no longer purchase them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5 years ago the dollar was at par and it was much cheaper to purchase from Sideshow. Statues are ridiculously overpriced now, I no longer purchase them.

True, but it hasn't been at parity for over 3 and a half years now. So for almost 4 years purchasing direct from Sideshow for regulars has rarely made financial sense.

I only started collecting about 5 years ago, and during that time the pieces have literally doubled in AUD cost unfortunately, but I just can't seem to stop myself :slap

I'm never one to complain about free anything, but the reality is my RP balance was down to $0 at the start of Spook... I'm up to $2 now, so it's not exactly enticing me to buy a thing further down the track... :lol whereas past Spooks have been the difference in my buying a RP reduced Deadpool, and I think one of the Thors or Widows the year before that..

It ain’t just spook anymore, how many weeks do they have their live shows and people drink the koolaid thinking there’s going to be a code and there rarely is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It ain’t just spook anymore, how many weeks do they have their live shows and people drink the koolaid thinking there’s going to be a code and there rarely is

I think most by now would've given up on reward points from the weekly live shows.

I'm never one to complain about free anything, but the reality is my RP balance was down to $0 at the start of Spook... I'm up to $2 now, so it's not exactly enticing me to buy a thing further down the track... :lol whereas past Spooks have been the difference in my buying a RP reduced Deadpool, and I think one of the Thors or Widows the year before that..

Yeah kiwiatlarge, your point is well stated and particularly relevant during these tumultuous fiscal down swings. I think the owner’s name is Mat, has anyone else on here met this d-bag? He’s the worst of the worst, doesn’t give a **** about the customers or products and is only thinking about how to make more money. Look I get it that the perception of most business is exactly as described above but that’s really not true.

INCENTIVIZING is what an established “smart” company does during down swings like the past 18ish months at SSC. Events like Spooktacular and Comic Cons are what these events were made to do, generate buzz, get people excited to buy product, big fanfare with coupons, giveaways, auctions, etc. Damn I mean even the sleaziest of car dealerships do this for the big “bank” holidays with incentives like lower APR’s, no money down leasing, rebates, etc. But this Mat-hole doesn’t have the business acumen to put these things together because all he sees is that, right now, “pop culture” has become more main steam than ever before and can’t understand why his business has taken a down swing.

And it’s not just that he’s a bad businessman in those areas I mentioned above but he’s resorted to things like blocking other companies’ ability to secure world wide licenses for products that aren’t sold through SSC. The dood has even threatened 3rd party eBay/private sellers with lawsuits for exporting/importing unlicensed products (I’m not talking custom stuff, mainly products that do not carry a distribution license for the US).

Sorry, that was a rant and a half but I think people should be aware of who they are supporting. SSC has gone down the toilet over the past 4 years and they are straight up scared of competition. **** them.

As I said, I'm not complaining... in fact if there is one thing that gets me in this world, it is 'sense of entitlement', but there is a certain humour surrounding the $1 codes that I can't help but chuckle at.. it would make for a great parody episode on The Simpsons or South Park

True, but it hasn't been at parity for over 3 and a half years now. So for almost 4 years purchasing direct from Sideshow for regulars has rarely made financial sense.

I only started collecting about 5 years ago, and during that time the pieces have literally doubled in AUD cost unfortunately, but I just can't seem to stop myself :slap
I've only purchaed 1 figure from Sideshow in those last 3 years with reward points. No other reason to buy from them at all now.

Yeah kiwiatlarge, your point is well stated and particularly relevant during these tumultuous fiscal down swings. I think the owner’s name is Mat, has anyone else on here met this d-bag? He’s the worst of the worst, doesn’t give a **** about the customers or products and is only thinking about how to make more money. Look I get it that the perception of most business is exactly as described above but that’s really not true.

INCENTIVIZING is what an established “smart” company does during down swings like the past 18ish months at SSC. Events like Spooktacular and Comic Cons are what these events were made to do, generate buzz, get people excited to buy product, big fanfare with coupons, giveaways, auctions, etc. Damn I mean even the sleaziest of car dealerships do this for the big “bank” holidays with incentives like lower APR’s, no money down leasing, rebates, etc. But this Mat-hole doesn’t have the business acumen to put these things together because all he sees is that, right now, “pop culture” has become more main steam than ever before and can’t understand why his business has taken a down swing.

And it’s not just that he’s a bad businessman in those areas I mentioned above but he’s resorted to things like blocking other companies’ ability to secure world wide licenses for products that aren’t sold through SSC. The dood has even threatened 3rd party eBay/private sellers with lawsuits for exporting/importing unlicensed products (I’m not talking custom stuff, mainly products that do not carry a distribution license for the US).

Sorry, that was a rant and a half but I think people should be aware of who they are supporting. SSC has gone down the toilet over the past 4 years and they are straight up scared of competition. **** them.

So your complaint is that Sideshow is attempting to enforce their exclusive contract on others?

Shocking!

You understand that authorized license holders pay a TON of money for the privilege right?

Back