Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody have the RP $ totals from SDCC last year and this year? I know it was a pretty big drop off, and I'm now anticipating something similar for Spooktacular. Cbulas1, you've been keeping a tally for a while, right?

I think that maybe they’re testing a theory or doing some sort of case study in regard to how many users or followers Of this “code catching are out there? And to gauge the “numbers” maybe it’s some sort of data capturing experiment. Excuse my high level thinking of this code thing. Just seems obvious that one dollar one user easy to track the customer user. Lol

I think that maybe they’re testing a theory or doing some sort of case study in regard to how many users or followers Of this “code catching are out there? And to gauge the “numbers” maybe it’s some sort of data capturing experiment. Excuse my high level thinking of this code thing. Just seems obvious that one dollar one user easy to track the customer user. Lol

Was thinking the same thing.
How many codes get claimed in "x" amount of time too. Could see the amount of time available drop significantly.

Does anybody have the RP $ totals from SDCC last year and this year? I know it was a pretty big drop off, and I'm now anticipating something similar for Spooktacular. Cbulas1, you've been keeping a tally for a while, right?

Unfortunately, I started my spreadsheet/started keeping track after SDCC 2017 because of the high amount of and high dollar amounts of the codes they gave out during that event. However, a quick search of this thread shows that they gave out $77 in RP codes during SDCC 2017. They gave out $15.50 during SDCC 2018.

They gave out $65 during Spook 2017, and they've given $4 out during Spook 2018 so far

So, yeah, it's not looking good!

$1 codes are absolutely useless at this stage with regular price for a figure now being about $250. Not even worth stopping whatever I am doing to enter the code.

It would make sense because each year in recent years the spook “program x” has not been consistent as far as customer codes,deals etc... maybe this experiment on capturing data is their plan and will dictate what happens in the coming years as a business model going forward...

Unfortunately, I started my spreadsheet/started keeping track after SDCC 2017 because of the high amount of and high dollar amounts of the codes they gave out during that event. However, a quick search of this thread shows that they gave out $77 in RP codes during SDCC 2017. They gave out $15.50 during SDCC 2018.

They gave out $65 during Spook 2017, and they've given $5 out during Spook 2018 so far

Holy hell that's a huge drop year over year. Anyone have any idea or estimates what the totals were for 2015 and 2016? That could give us ideas on percent changes over a number of years as opposed to just one year. If it's been a steady drop each year then we are in for a ****acular Spooktacular. And with these codes coming at odd times and short durations, I've only been able to snag 1 whole dollar.

Holy hell that's a huge drop year over year. Anyone have any idea or estimates what the totals were for 2015 and 2016? That could give us ideas on percent changes over a number of years as opposed to just one year. If it's been a steady drop each year then we are in for a ****acular Spooktacular. And with these codes coming at odd times and short durations, I've only been able to snag 1 whole dollar.

According to this thread, they gave out $76 in RP during Spook 2016 and $60 during Spook 2015.

So, again I say- it's not looking good!

(Oh, and just for the LULz as we seem to be in the midst of $1-only Spook codes, here's the list of codes in 2015 and how much each one was worth!)

1: YC9Q13 - $10 (SS Email) 10-26
2: HJ3T69 - $10 (Facebook) 10-26
3: HRX7H4 - $5 (SS Email) 10-27
4: L4Rx9J - $5 (Facebook) 10-27
5: TGG3W8 - $5 (SS Email)10-28
6: Z92HH5Q - $5 (SS Email) 10-29
7: 9UX6223 - $5 (SS Twitter) 10-29
8: B7RR4S3 - $10 (SS Email) 10-30
9: CQ486T - $5 (Facebook) 10-30
Total RP Worth: $60

They gave out $65 during Spook 2017, and they've given $5 out during Spook 2018 so far

They've given out $4

Maybe this is a bad year for them business wise. I only bought 1 item from them this year and it was the Hot Toys Yondu Deluxe Version that I had on wait list.

Im getting my yearly meets standards teacher bonus on the 31st since were all celebrating our victories outside of our hungry stomachs here.lol

It's actually a sign of a strong economy. Companies have sales and give-a-ways when products aren't moving. When items are moving quickly, no need to entice customers to buy, they're already doing that. We've seen how prices keep going up and up, for HT and SSC. And people (crazy collectors like me) are still buying.

Plus, we are so organized here at SSF, that many people were getting 80-100% of the RP's. I imagine Sideshow figured the average person would get more like 25-40% max. So perhaps a second reason they dialed it back?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back