Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SDCC reward codes were worth more than what we’re getting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost up to $5, the equal of one code in the good ol' days :(

:lol I guess we were spoiled back then.

I got about $50 last year. Just getting half of that amount would make me happy enough for this year’s Spook if things keep going in the current direction.

I’m just glad they’re not 1 min codes Like they were last year. It was like by the time somebody posted it and I went to the site, it already expired.

I got about $50 last year. Just getting half of that amount would make me happy enough for this year’s Spook if things keep going in the current direction.

yeah, i get nailed with Cali tax and shipping so enough codes to cover that is fine.

I'm pretty sure I got $70 last year. I think we were at around $25-30 by the second day, though.

So I got to thinking. In the past, they would easily drop $60-75 at Spook. Couple that with the weekly $3 code on Wed or whatever and the SDCC codes totalling, I dunno, $30.... plus I remember the odd $5-10 code at Xmas, they probably gave out $125-150 a year lets say. (I remember once they sent the same email twice and apologized with a $5 code, that was awesome). Now most people won't get even half that... but the vigilant collector (like many of us here) would easily nab well over $100 in a given year.

In a 16 month window if you play your cards right you get 2 SDCC, 2 Spooks, 2 Christmas's and all the weekly vids.

Obviously I'm estimating here, but in that window the crazy collector can easily nab $250 in points (again, this was in the past).

That's basically half a PF statue in a year.

I guess I can see why they have scaled it back.

So I got to thinking. In the past, they would easily drop $60-75 at Spook. Couple that with the weekly $3 code on Wed or whatever and the SDCC codes totalling, I dunno, $30.... plus I remember the odd $5-10 code at Xmas, they probably gave out $125-150 a year lets say. (I remember once they sent the same email twice and apologized with a $5 code, that was awesome). Now most people won't get even half that... but the vigilant collector (like many of us here) would easily nab well over $100 in a given year.

In a 16 month window if you play your cards right you get 2 SDCC, 2 Spooks, 2 Christmas's and all the weekly vids.

Obviously I'm estimating here, but in that window the crazy collector can easily nab $250 in points (again, this was in the past).

That's basically half a PF statue in a year.

I guess I can see why they have scaled it back.

I think the reason is simple. RP result in unknown losses whereas giveaways result in a set amount of losses. My place of work has one of these dynamic types of sales every year. I think two years ago losses were around 30k. This past year, I believe it was 60K. Same sale. I'm not sure we can continue that and would be better off with a sale that created a set amount of loss that we could expect.

You guys don't think in the end, it's all tax deductible to Sideshow anyway in some way?

10% off everything on ebay for 24 hrs

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

so we should get another $1 code soon today to even us out to $5 total. If we don't see something other than $1 then that will be very telling on how the rest of spook codes will go.

So far during this year's Spook, the RP codes have been released at 6:30 AM, 7 PM, 7:30 AM, and 9:44 AM. All times US Pacific.

Back