Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ex: BBTS has the re-issue 43 at $359.99, with $4 flat rate shipping.

SS has it for $360 and we know the shipping will be $15-20. So why am I going to stress over these $1 RPs when it takes 8-12 of them to equal the same price as BBTS?! :dunno

It was totally different when you could rack up $60 with some effort. Just not worth keeping up with, IMO.

But I will be tuning in to watch them sit in a box fort and talk about what Transformer they'd be. :yess:

In my case BBTS charges 10% tax now, whereas SS doesn’t. And given $9 of that $20 for shipping you’ll usually get back as rewards... SS has for the first time become cheaper for me, which is unbelievable.

As for the code, $1 is pathetic. Not even going to bother.

We've gotten too good at collecting the codes.

Yep- that has GOT to be a big part of it.

Also- SS will be going live for their typical 11 AM Pacific show soon, so hopefully they'll be giving out a code in the show that starts in 1 hour and 4 minutes!

In my case BBTS charges 10% tax now, whereas SS doesn’t. And given $9 of that $20 for shipping you’ll usually get back as rewards... SS has for the first time become cheaper for me, which is unbelievable.

As for the code, $1 is pathetic. Not even going to bother.

may as well order from Timewalker, 355 and free shipping.

I've done it many times in the past but they never picked me or rather my option for soul collecting. I stopped trying 2 years ago. I remember recently someone won a PF because he took a photo of himself in Target wearing a Cap shield t-shirt. It boggles the mind on what they choose worthy.

Yep- that has GOT to be a big part of it.

Also- SS will be going live for their typical 11 AM Pacific show soon, so hopefully they'll be giving out a code in the show that starts in 1 hour and 4 minutes!
I honestly feel like some people on here kinda ruined it a bit by doing things like mass emails and stuff. I think Sideshow probably figured most people wouldn’t get each and every code they put out, but they did them somewhat more frequently it seemed like so you still were able to get some. Now they seem more limited and most are for pretty small amounts. A dollar isn’t even worth bothering with.

Also I’m not trying to come off as telling people that it’s not nice to save, but this thread kind of is a sad read and reeks of desperation most times. Pretty much the only posts ever are people upset over not getting codes from live shows or whatever. There are hardly ever any actual discounts discussed.

I honestly feel like some people on here kinda ruined it a bit by doing things like mass emails and stuff. I think Sideshow probably figured most people wouldn’t get each and every code they put out, but they did them somewhat more frequently it seemed like so you still were able to get some. Now they seem more limited and most are for pretty small amounts. A dollar isn’t even worth bothering with.

There are also way more people collecting nowadays too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are also way more people collecting nowadays too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Over the past 2 years they've focused on social media to expand their customer base and are doing it again with the new contest format. Enter a contest but in order to get the most entries you give them free advertising with every post.
Long gone are the days of Sideshow's intimacy with it collector base and I am sure eventually rewards and giveaways will be gone too.

Exactly. Over the past 2 years they've focused on social media to expand their customer base and are doing it again with the new contest format. Enter a contest but in order to get the most entries you give them free advertising with every post.
Long gone are the days of Sideshow's intimacy with it collector base and I am sure eventually rewards and giveaways will be gone too.

I would say they would start with expiring the RPs then stop giving out free ones, then doing soul like contests to earn free ones that will also expire. I remember one year they had a really fun scavenger hunt on their website. Spook is now is nothing more than to get publicity and try and sell out of their overstock.

Social media probably plays some factor as to how things like the codes are distributed, but I would still think a big impact is people watching round the clock desperately for codes and alerting people when there is one they may have otherwise missed.

I would say they would start with expiring the RPs then stop giving out free ones, then doing soul like contests to earn free ones that will also expire. I remember one year they had a really fun scavenger hunt on their website. Spook is now is nothing more than to get publicity and try and sell out of their overstock.

scavenger hunt was awesome, codes popping up on different pages and whatnot, those were the days

Back