Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't blame them for not giving codes out when they know people are only there for codes.

I read/heard somewhere that the codes were given out as an incentive to watch. Trust me, after watching a couple of times for 1-1.5 hours of nothing Im going to buy, a little RP wouldn't hurt.

The fine print says its good on "select" items, so it can't be used on anything. My guess is the latest pre-orders are excluded. Wasn't that how it was before? I thought items had to be up for order for several months in order to be code eligible.

Just added mine to my account and checked out what’s available for Hot Toys. It can be used for all of the current preorder and in stock items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a 90 minute Sideshow commercial.

Yet some people actually watch it for fun and begrudge the idea that codes ought to be given out as a thank you for watching. Same people who would buy the Sideshow 'S', or a Sideshow T-shirt... so they can advertise Sideshow.

Always thought that was nice work if you can get it - get your customers to buy something from you that advertises you.

Become a walking billboard... for only $24.99 !!!

sideshow-s-logo-t-shirt-500394-07.jpg

It’s a nice distraction during my lunch break at work. I look forward to it and the YouTube chat party is always good for laughs.

Yet some people actually watch it for fun and begrudge the idea that codes ought to be given out as a thank you for watching. Same people who would buy the Sideshow 'S', or a Sideshow T-shirt... so they can advertise Sideshow.

Always thought that was nice work if you can get it - get your customers to buy something from you that advertises you.

sideshow-s-logo-t-shirt-500394-07.jpg

Well I used a the $25 off international collectors code they give to customers in Canada with every order to offset no free shipping and high duty costs. Used that to get the shirt for free, just paid the $10 shipping, came with another $25 international collectors code (good on anything) and a $20 promo code (also can be used on most things) and one of the usual $25 off thanks for the order codes that can only be used on the garbage items. So I feel like I came out ahead on that one. Plus I got a tshirt to wear on laundry day.

Same people who would buy the Sideshow 'S', or a Sideshow T-shirt... so they can advertise Sideshow.

isn't that what basically EVERY clothing company does if it has the brandname on it?

I am sure the lack of a code impacted their sales, notably on a valuable market, return customers. That $20 coupon almost always got me to buy something else. So I wonder, their sales and their customer retention must have dropped enough that figures showed it, prompting the code return. Eating $20 on their end and getting a $200 sale frequently is better than no $220 sale.

The time of absence for them was around two sales quarters, right? That's enough time to develop some comparative data and reach a conclusion.

Back