Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed it.. Are you guys utilizing this thread to alert you when a code is up? If so, how do you wade through all the non-code talk? Or what other means are you guys using?

I'm starting to get more upset at seeing these things just minutes after they've expired then if I were totally unaware that the codes were even available in the first place. Sorry if this has been answered already.

Missed it.. Are you guys utilizing this thread to alert you when a code is up? If so, how do you wade through all the non-code talk? Or what other means are you guys using?

I'm starting to get more upset at seeing these things just minutes after they've expired then if I were totally unaware that the codes were even available in the first place. Sorry if this has been answered already.
Just listen to the notifications. When there are multiple in a row, that's a code. When they are further apart, no code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BlueTrooper is doing yeoman's work updating the 'non-banter' thread in this forum with each code. There was already a non-banter thread like that on Statue Forum which I've been subscribed to for years with instant alerts to my iPhone. But the one here should work just as well and it's safer to subscribe to both in case one isn't updated as fast. I have my Statue Forum account set up with my iPhone e-mail and am subscribed to their thread. I have their e-mail set as VIP on my iPhone with a ringtone set to play when VIP e-mail comes in. Then I fumble through logging into Sideshow and going to my rewards points page, but it's better to have a bookmark set to it and your password stored in your browser. I've got most of my codes over the years with these alerts. But remember, you must visit the thread after you get any e-mail notification from it, or they will automatically stop. They only notify you on the FIRST new post after you last visited.

Note that this is subscribing directly on the forum on a PC. I don't know how Tapatalk works and haven't had time to try and figure it out yet. No need to since my system works great. It's impossible to do with THIS thread though. It has to be on the non-banter thread here or on Statue Forum. I certainly don't want any app notifying me of every post to THIS thread. That would get annoying fast.

BlueTrooper is doing yeoman's work updating the 'non-banter' thread in this forum with each code. There was already a non-banter thread like that on Statue Forum which I've been subscribed to for years with instant alerts to my iPhone. But the one here should work just as well and it's safer to subscribe to both in case one isn't updated as fast. I have my Statue Forum account set up with my iPhone e-mail and am subscribed to their thread. I have their e-mail set as VIP on my iPhone with a ringtone set to play when VIP e-mail comes in. Then I fumble through logging into Sideshow and going to my rewards points page, but it's better to have a bookmark set to it and your password stored in your browser. I've got most of my codes over the years with these alerts. But remember, you must visit the thread after you get any e-mail notification from it, or they will automatically stop. They only notify you on the FIRST new post after you last visited.

Very good to know. Appreciate you sharing your tactics!

The VIP iPhone e-mail is a major secret weapon. That's helped me get SDCC exclusives and G.I. Joe Club exclusives over the years as well and recently the SNES Classic.

The VIP iPhone e-mail is a major secret weapon. That's helped me get SDCC exclusives and G.I. Joe Club exclusives over the years as well and recently the SNES Classic.

I have a galaxy note 4. I'll have to mess with it to see if there is a similar feature.

Someone on this forum used to run an e-mail list to announce codes, but they gave it up this year. I used to have those going to my VIP so that was a major help too. But given the short duration of these new codes, an e-mail list isn't going to work so well. We need to use these threads that everyone can post in.

Also, Sideshow is mainly posting these codes on Twitter. I'm subscribed to their Twitter feed as well, with text message notifications and push notifications turned on. I haven't figured out how to get a special ringtone to go off for certain texts yet though, so that just buzzes which I can easily miss. Doesn't seem to be a VIP text option. They don't post too many tweets per day, and I don't mind reading what they post so it's not a hassle to subscribe.

Bit of trial and error. I've got Tapatalk alerts set for this thread and the code only thread along with Twitter and Facebook notifications as per Sideshow's recommendation. FB seems to be hit or miss as others have mentioned, but the Twitter notifications work well and come through with almost no delay (maybe 30 seconds or so at most). Luckily I've happened to be in front of my tablet for the last few codes so I've been posting them to both threads as soon as the Twitter alert pops up and I've checked the code works. There's a 30 second delay between consecutive posts though so that slows down getting the code posted to both threads.

As awf1031 said, if there's a sudden flurry of alerts, it usually means a new code. Problem is that a couple of minutes might have already passed by that point so it only leaves a narrow window with these 5 minute codes. Hope that helps!

Note that this is subscribing directly on the forum on a PC. I don't know how Tapatalk works and haven't had time to try and figure it out yet. No need to since my system works great. It's impossible to do with THIS thread though. It has to be on the non-banter thread here or on Statue Forum. I certainly don't want any app notifying me of every post to THIS thread. That would get annoying fast.

LOL, I can vouch for that - especially when it wakes you up in the middle of the night because of being in a different timezone. Hopefully the code only thread will help if we can all chip in and post every code there too.

Yeah, that is the best replacement we have for the lost e-mail list, so that we can get notified only when a code is live. Filtering out the junk posts is the KEY to all of this. I want to be able to set an alert tone loud enough to wake me up. To do that I need to make sure the ONLY thing that causes the alert is a code.

There is also a phone app called Discord which is designed to be a chat room that gives you alerts on your phone. I don't know if we could get people signed on for that when we're having trouble getting major buy-in on the non-banter thread.

Looks like you might be able to set up a ringtone for specific people you get texts from. I will probably pick something a little more distinct for Twitter texts than the simple buzz.

Back