Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manners not saying simple "thanks" after using a code bothers me more. Oh well, I guess there are just plenty of lurkers from outside being on forum just to grab a code with no other intentions whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

article-0-0982AA49000005DC-727_468x598.jpg

It's better for all the code requests to be in one place then scattered around the forums, IMO :dunno

Every once in a while Sideshow still does have reusable codes for stuff that isn't selling. I'll try to post those more often.

Wow, I've never seen so many people begging for codes. It's kinda pathetic. Almost ever post on this current page is someone begging for a code.

Pathetic? A $20 code is going to only cover shipping. :huh

If I do not get a code I'll just order from bbts and pay only 4$ shipping but, I like ordering from SS and I'd seen fellow :FREAK:s being generous with codes that I assume they were not going to use.

The point of the codes is for them to be used and not thrown away.

Manners not saying simple "thanks" after using a code bothers me more. Oh well, I guess there are just plenty of lurkers from outside being on forum just to grab a code with no other intentions whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though the code did not work, I thanked JMW326 for trying to help in a pm.

Pathetic? A $20 code is going to only cover shipping. :huh

If I do not get a code I'll just order from bbts and pay only 4$ shipping but, I like ordering from SS and I'd seen fellow :FREAK:s being generous with codes that I assume they were not going to use.

The point of the codes is for them to be used and not thrown away.

Even though the code did not work, I thanked JMW326 for trying to help in a pm.

Ex cannot be po from bbts. If I can get 20.00 off shipping then I'm happy with that. Savings is good at these overinflated prices.

Wow. I've noticed others politely asking if anyone has a spare code so I thought I'd give it a shot since I have several figures I want to get and why not save a few bucks if I can. Now I'm being called pathetic. I just don't get it:cuckoo: quite the community here.

There's a lot of tough guys around here but don't worry about it. I've given away several codes and gotten a few when I needed them. The majority of the community here is solid.

Wow. I've noticed others politely asking if anyone has a spare code so I thought I'd give it a shot since I have several figures I want to get and why not save a few bucks if I can. Now I'm being called pathetic. I just don't get it:cuckoo: quite the community here.

It's almost like there should be a thread dedicated to the sharing of the codes...

How about if anyone has a code to give away they post about it? If anyone is waiting for someone to ask for a code and has one, it's unnecessary since someone will ALWAYS need one. The "ask" posts are totally superfluous.

How about if anyone has a code to give away they post about it? If anyone is waiting for someone to ask for a code and has one, it's unnecessary since someone will ALWAYS need one. The "ask" posts are totally superfluous.
It's a catch 22 there... Trading the ask post for others about how the one time use code was taken but never claimed blah blah. It's an ugly business being nice sometimes.

Who made you the police?

Leave the thread alone. Its been working fine as it is.

It's a catch 22 there... Trading the ask post for others about how the one time use code was taken but never claimed blah blah. It's an ugly business being nice sometimes.

There would be no such trade. The person giving away the code has the choice to post it directly, or ask people to PM them. Even if people replied to him asking for the code then, that is fine. Someone saying a code has been used immediately stops the requests. The random asking for non-existent codes is what can produce potentially unlimited spam on the thread. Better to take care of the problem now before it continues getting worse.

If we let this go on, there could be an unlimited amount of people continually asking for codes. It adds nothing of value to the thread. All codes that anyone has to be given away can and will be given away at any time. It is totally unnecessary to have anyone ask for a code when no one is currently offering one. If they have something to trade for it, then that's a different story, but simply asking for it is a useless cog in the system.

I often have extra codes. I will never send one to any one who posts asking for one unsolicited, starting now. So that's a good way to ensure you don't get my codes.

There would be no such trade. The person giving away the code has the choice to post it directly, or ask people to PM them. Even if people replied to him asking for the code then, that is fine. Someone saying a code has been used immediately stops the requests. The random asking for non-existent codes is what can produce potentially unlimited spam on the thread. Better to take care of the problem now before it continues getting worse.

If we let this go on, there could be an unlimited amount of people continually asking for codes. It adds nothing of value to the thread. All codes that anyone has to be given away can and will be given away at any time. It is totally unnecessary to have anyone ask for a code when no one is currently offering one. If they have something to trade for it, then that's a different story, but simply asking for it is a useless cog in the system.

I often have extra codes. I will never send one to any one who posts asking for one unsolicited, starting now. So that's a good way to ensure you don't get my codes.

Problem with this is I can only imagine the flood to the inbox. And when it's posted, it's hard to tell if it's been claimed or not. Lots of people claim them and not even a thank you. People ask for them, at the very least you may get a thank you.

People already do it. When they give the code, they usually post to say it's been claimed so their PMs stop.

Nothing you're bringing up is avoidable if you want people to give out codes. We already have plenty of people posting codes. The first time someone posts that it's been claimed, we find out and move on.

None of this compares to a neverending flow of posts of people requesting codes that never has any reason to stop. Sometimes this thread gets very active, like in Spooktacular, and people are not going to want to wade through those extra, tedious, repetitive posts forever. More and more people will get sick of it as the months go on.

Back