Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it even let you only use partial points on an order? I thought it automatically applied everything you have to the balance. So unless you're placing an order for something very cheap it might be an irrelevant question.

Their system would have to be really smart to be able to figure out to take partially used expiring points away. It would have to know that I had some points before the free ones, then $15 in free ones, and then about $10 in new converting Maul points that came in after that but before the expiration date. I'll be watching for an "error" to see if it takes my Maul points away by mistake.

It would definitely be easier for them to program that they gave you $15 in points and you used at least $15 on an order since then. So I'm guessing that's all it does, and you don't have to use all your points to avoid losing these, you just have to use the amount they gave you.

Isn't it always to your benefit to max out the amount of points used on any order? You would ideally use it on the one item you are least likely to cancel or return so you don't risk losing the points.

I wonder if they are calculating these April "Bonus" rewards points based off current Pre-orders? I got $33 in "bonus" rewards. I currently have HT Civil War Iron Man and HT Genisys Endoskeleton on Pre-order.

I had nothing else pending to convert so I know it is all from Sideshow's April "Bonus" rewards.

Either way, I went ahead and used it on the HT 1/6 diecast IM mark VI. Had my eye on it anyway and $33 off the price made me jump!!

I got a little over $25 in RP added from this April promotion. Anybody notice ssc putting out massive deals and sales more than normal? Makes me wonder if people aren't PO as much as they used to since many changes like the codes etc... I sure for one haven't PO in a while.

Isn't it always to your benefit to max out the amount of points used on any order? You would ideally use it on the one item you are least likely to cancel or return so you don't risk losing the points.

It is if you use the monthly codes regularly. I never understand the people that put $30 down in rewards to reduce the price of a figure. It's basically wasting that first $20 as a code could have been used for that amount. The best case scenario is an in-stock item with free shipping (since rewards can't be used on shipping).

It's still a little unclear what to do with the NRDs on pre-orders as I think they still charge you the NRD even if you put down the full value of a figure in rewards.

9PPyNSq.jpg

I know exactly how much I got. I used up all my rp for Winter Soldier on 4/4/17. I'm guessing, if you have a lot of pending pts, ya don't need anymore incentive to buy. :mad:

That's true about wasting the points when a code could've been used. That's another reason I only use rewards points when it can pay for the item in full. That maximizes the amount of items I might be able to use other discounts on.

When you look at what they did here, it's almost like a substitute for the monthly code they used to send out. But the magic formula they used to decide who got how many points is a mystery. I got $15. I definitely have been pre-ordering less than before and have a lot less items on pre-order than I used to more than a year or two ago. But I have been ramping up my orders to about 2 a month this year from a lull period. I had about $200 rewards already in the bank with $50 pending.

It's still a little unclear what to do with the NRDs on pre-orders as I think they still charge you the NRD even if you put down the full value of a figure in rewards.

When you pay for an item in full with points, you don't pay the NRD with money. They take it from the rewards points value.

The free shipping seems kind of irrelevant. No matter what method or discount you use on the item, you can't change whether you pay for the shipping or not. So I don't see that as a factor in choosing to use points or not.

I still don't understand what they mean about "combining discounts" in regards to free shipping. I have used monthly promo codes and rewards points on items with free shipping like the bounty hunters, and at least in my order it didn't show that it took away free shipping. I'm not sure if I've seen any of those orders complete yet though to see if it gets added on later.

This is mine, email update from April 3 and my account today. If I calculated correctly, they gave me $27.15.

Between April 3 and now, did you place any orders that added to your current pending points? If so, you may have had more pending points switch to real points, which means SSC gave you less than that.

I have a March code expiring in two days, please PM me if you can make good use of it. First come first serve!

Claimed!

R A N D O M

I know, it's hard to believe sometimes, but some people like to do things the old fashioned way.

Between April 3 and now, did you place any orders that added to your current pending points? If so, you may have had more pending points switch to real points, which means SSC gave you less than that.

The only order I placed was for Han Solo trooper disguise, so yes, you are right, I forgot about that.

Last edited:
The extra $10 Sideshow gave me brought me up to $61 ... thinking about just blowing them on Ultron Mark 1. I was planning on just sitting on my points until they piled up but of course they had to put an expiration on the bonus rewards ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no clue whatsoever how many points I got. Probably just the $5 since I have $362 available.

Anyway, does anyone have a code that would work for Michonne, Rocket or Star Lord?

Free to first come first use. Received it today so hopefully it's still good even though it says March.
620776a179b1abfa049d06042e294952.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back