Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

Not tying to be touchy, it's just every year people talk about that but no one ever creates a thread to only post codes. You could be a freak hero!

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.
Lol :) I'm not a thread starter, I'll leave that to the long time members :)

What Blade Runner 2049? I've never heard of it. Gotta see it :clap Not sure if any can top the original though.

Its a direct sequel that stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis and Jared Leto.

Its by Denis Villeneuve, the director of Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario & the upcoming Arrival. The guy's a master. And its being shot by legendary DP Roger Deakins (Skyfall, The Shawshank Redemption, The Big Lebowski).

Everything about it sounds great. I've wanted a sequel for 30 years. Finally getting it next year.

While waiting for a new code, I passed the time unboxing Lady Death. Here are a few quick shots.

ld1.jpg

The paint app on the lips is perfect!!

DSC03135.jpg

With her sister! I waiting until tomorrow to put in the scythe. Very happy with her.

Lol :) I'm not a thread starter, I'll leave that to the long time members :)

Agreed
I mean I could start one but how do I enforce codes only? I'm no mod. So it becomes this. Only this one has lots of people involved so this one wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its by Denis Villeneuve, the director of Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario & the upcoming Arrival. The guy's a master.

I felt Sicario was over-rated personally, but he's certainly talented enough and surrounded by top notch talent, so I expect the sequel to at least be decent. Unfortunately, the whole "look" of Blade Runner was so much a part of the attraction for me, and that "look" is now very dated. Literally.

I would be amazed if we see a $20 RP How amazing would that be?

Remove the zero and you're closer to reality.

Everyone has the same opportunities. If you miss one, you just miss one. There is no sense in complaining about how long they are up. The rush is part of the excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh, not quite...

Got to be in it to win it.

No participation trophies here.

Got to be in the U.S. to win it.

Well, makes it a whole lot easier based on people saying they were asleep.

What Blade Runner 2049? I've never heard of it. Gotta see it :clap Not sure if any can top the original though.

The last time they did a BR sequel it came out as "Soldier" with Kurt Russell.

Its a direct sequel that stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis and Jared Leto.

Its by Denis Villeneuve, the director of Incendies, Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario & the upcoming The Arrival. The guy's a master. And its being shot by legendary DP Roger Deakins (Skyfall, The Shawshank Redemption, The Big Lebowski).

Everything about it sounds great. I've wanted a sequel for 30 years. Finally getting it next year.

I just watched the original and it's a nostalgic rush, but also pretty slow and very talky. It's a triumph of style over story - reminds me of a lot of eighties music videos - but still has some great moments (love the eyeball guy scene.) Would have been interesting if they went much further with the Deckard-as-replicant thing, though that's supposedly what the sequel is about.

It's funny how many dated elements there are - from TV's to the Atari symbol in backgrounds.

Whats up with all the surgeons and lawyers calling in sick to collect these $2 codes. :lol

I felt Sicario was over-rated personally, but he's certainly talented enough and surrounded by top notch talent, so I expect the sequel to at least be decent. Unfortunately, the whole "look" of Blade Runner was so much a part of the attraction for me, and that "look" is now very dated. Literally.

Sicario was a bit like BR actually - looks amazing, an immersive world, but really not much character/story development.

Sicario was definitely pretty pulse-pounding, and had quite a few memorable sequences (love the highway scene with the cartel gangbangers.)

BR is very slow going these days. It's like Legend - hard to watch in one sitting.

Villeneuve is 4/4 and I'm hearing Arrival is brilliant so I think we're in good hands, specially with Deakins behind the camera.

I wouldn't be surprised if it surpassed the original.

Sicario looked great and felt important and serious, until you give it two minutes of thought and realize it just made no real logical sense.

Sicario looked great and felt important and serious, until you give it two minutes of thought and realize it just made no real logical sense.

I didn't think the story was very fluid , but everyone raves about t ... where as I just felt lost almost .

I'm glad I'm not alone in some fashion .

What didn't work for you?

I thought the plot and pacing were excellent.

What didn't work for you?

I thought the plot and pacing were excellent.

The convoluted 'plan' made no sense -- all that work -- and a shoot-out -- just to nab the crooked cop's car? Del Toro couldn't have just carjacked him, like he ended up doing anyway? And then the biggest, baddest drug lord of all time has like 4 guys guarding him at his home and that's all? With his family there? And he's expecting a traitor to come for dinner. And the entire ending, needing the rookie's sign-off to put the "plan" to bed? Silly.

I was hoping she'd pull her gun and shoot Del Toro dead. That would have been a good surprise ending.

i loved Sicario.

btw, is anybody able to get the Sideshow site to load?

it's not working for me...

Back