Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the August code

Any code that i can use for Knightmare batman ?

Got my Ant-Man today. Got home to see it sitting on the porch soaked with rain. Thank goodness for the plastic liner around the art box!

I'm not saying getting a discount is a bad thing, I'm just commenting on the entitlement mentality of some who start bitching and moaning they will never buy from Sideshow again if they won't provide them with a code to use, blah, blah, blah. It seems this thread goes through this every few months and it gets old fast.

A lot of times you can get figures cheaper other places due to shipping costs, etc. Without a code, at times you're better off buying elsewhere. I would much prefer to shop SSC when I can.

Granted, no one should be getting pissy about it, simply because SSC doesn't have to have sales, free shipping or codes if they don't want. Be grateful when they do!

A lot of times you can get figures cheaper other places due to shipping costs, etc. Without a code, at times you're better off buying elsewhere. I would much prefer to shop SSC when I can.

Granted, no one should be getting pissy about it, simply because SSC doesn't have to have sales, free shipping or codes if they don't want. Be grateful when they do!

There's a simply solution to that, if it's cheaper elsewhere buy it there :dunno

There's a simply solution to that, if it's cheaper elsewhere buy it there :dunno

Usually with the $20, SS ends up cheaper than most places by a couple dollars if you factor rewards and shipping. Otherwise it's often the most expensive.

I like having rewards in one place too, it gets annoying building up $10 here, $15 there, and $10 somewhere else. Makes it impossible to effectively redeem those points.

People like saving money on big or small purchases, it's as simple as that. It's like some individuals have to find something to make them "better" than everyone else who cares about $20. This is no different than using the Cartwheel app to save some money here and there when I shop at Target.

$20 gets me a steelbook for my collection, a ticket to an IMAX movie, two to three Pops, the occasional NECA figure, or nearly a tank of gas. If I can repurpose my disposable income to go further and deliver more fun, there's nothing entitled about that, that's just managing my funds to the max. I like to think beyond the single purchase.

Are folks wrong when they say I wouldn't have bought what I have without a code? Most I probably still would've; then again my first HT was because I had free shipping and could grab a coupon, so there's food for thought.

As it stands though, I'll personally be moving to BBTS or Alter Ego if SS doesn't fiddle with their promo stuff, or at the very least explain some of their plans, it would be nice to have an idea of what is going on in that department. Business is about remaining competitive and SS won't be anymore. My biggest gripe isn't the coupon, it's the increased shipping prices. For $20, one should at least have a figure packed in a box to protect it. If I wanted a packed out First Order Tie Pilot (yes, yes, I know there are deals on it right now) prior to this week, it would have been $30 and it still would take almost two weeks to arrive, and I'm only halfway across the US. That's for a figure that is about as light weight as it gets these days. $30 gets me OVERNIGHT shipping from THE UK from Big Chief. I got my Gandalf direct from Asmus for free in a shorter time than I've ever gotten an SS package. $18 brings an average figure from Popcultcha in Australia in a box that could withstand nuclear fallout. I'm noting these examples objectively as evidence to show what I mean, not to complain about shipping time. We all wait long enough to get figures, shipping that takes a month or a day is negligible.

I feel awful for you Cali guys who pay taxes on top of SS shipping now.

If one buys from BBTS, they pay the same retail retail but don't have to pay a dollar up front for pre-orders, get a packed out box for less than $10, and it shows up quicker. "But DioramaMaker," you say, "what about those glorious, scuff-your-knees-in-thanks rewards points?!" To that I simply say you save that in shipping cost at other locations. I'd rather get that ~$10 savings in a usable form rather than locked into an account for a future purchase.

Anyhow. SS seems to be giving more specific discounts at an increased frequency, so that is perhaps where they're headed with this. I do like the broad $30 Trooper style discount that has been a bit more common. That is if they've abandoned the classic coupons entirely, which we still don't know for sure! Perhaps they'll move into more frequent bonus rewards or do codes that expire quicker.

$20 gets me ... nearly a tank of gas.

If you lived here you'd be lucky to fill the gas tank of your motorcycle for $20 - and in Ontario we still pay much less than folks in Quebec and some other provinces.

Yup. Some folks here are just a-holes that need to get off their high horse. Not going to name them specifically but just reading the posts...they stick out like a sore thumb.

If I ever meet these people in real life....man.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People like saving money on big or small purchases, it's as simple as that. It's like some individuals have to find something to make them "better" than everyone else who cares about $20. This is no different than using the Cartwheel app to save some money here and there when I shop at Target.

$20 gets me a steelbook for my collection, a ticket to an IMAX movie, two to three Pops, the occasional NECA figure, or nearly a tank of gas. If I can repurpose my disposable income to go further and deliver more fun, there's nothing entitled about that, that's just managing my funds to the max. I like to think beyond the single purchase.

Are folks wrong when they say I wouldn't have bought what I have without a code? Most I probably still would've; then again my first HT was because I had free shipping and could grab a coupon, so there's food for thought.

As it stands though, I'll personally be moving to BBTS or Alter Ego if SS doesn't fiddle with their promo stuff, or at the very least explain some of their plans, it would be nice to have an idea of what is going on in that department. Business is about remaining competitive and SS won't be anymore. My biggest gripe isn't the coupon, it's the increased shipping prices. For $20, one should at least have a figure packed in a box to protect it. If I wanted a packed out First Order Tie Pilot (yes, yes, I know there are deals on it right now) prior to this week, it would have been $30 and it still would take almost two weeks to arrive, and I'm only halfway across the US. That's for a figure that is about as light weight as it gets these days. $30 gets me OVERNIGHT shipping from THE UK from Big Chief. I got my Gandalf direct from Asmus for free in a shorter time than I've ever gotten an SS package. $18 brings an average figure from Popcultcha in Australia in a box that could withstand nuclear fallout. I'm noting these examples objectively as evidence to show what I mean, not to complain about shipping time. We all wait long enough to get figures, shipping that takes a month or a day is negligible.

I feel awful for you Cali guys who pay taxes on top of SS shipping now.

If one buys from BBTS, they pay the same retail retail but don't have to pay a dollar up front for pre-orders, get a packed out box for less than $10, and it shows up quicker. "But DioramaMaker," you say, "what about those glorious, scuff-your-knees-in-thanks rewards points?!" To that I simply say you save that in shipping cost at other locations. I'd rather get that ~$10 savings in a usable form rather than locked into an account for a future purchase.

Anyhow. SS seems to be giving more specific discounts at an increased frequency, so that is perhaps where they're headed with this. I do like the broad $30 Trooper style discount that has been a bit more common. That is if they've abandoned the classic coupons entirely, which we still don't know for sure! Perhaps they'll move into more frequent bonus rewards or do codes that expire quicker.

See I get the ordering from a cheaper source, especially if you are going to get better packaging. What I don't get is needing to write a dissertation on it, just go buy what you want where you want to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Seriously you have got to have better things to do with your life than acting all tough threading people from behind your keyboard :cuckoo:

ordered 5 HT figures, the first four came in the same day with no code...the last came in a couple weeks later, with a code...unfortunately it expired August 15th, and I received it on the 19th rofl

Got a 5% off email for putting the Finn and Stormtrooper pack in my cart and then closing the tab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Not going to name them specifically ...

So you're making personal threats against undisclosed people? That's something alright. I won't say what, but it's something.

Back