Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the August code

If you've purchased 20 figures so far and always used a $20 code, that's about 2 free figures if you add up those codes. Plus rewards probably gets you a third free figure. So we're talking about $600 there vs if you just paid full price every time.

I always found it funny how that $20 is the make or break point for a lot of people on here. I mean, sure it's always nice to save a few bucks, but when I'm considering ordering a $250 figure or $500 statue, that a $20 discount doesn't even figure into the equation. I either want it or I don't. That little discount isn't going to push me to buy something I normally wouldn't.
Some of us aren't rich like you to forego $20. Reality check buddy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you only buy one figure a year, $20 doesn't make much difference, but for multiple purchases it adds up.

Personally, I just feel weird paying for shipping when I can get free or combined shipping other places. If they just had more free shipping promos I'd probably be fine with dropping the monthly codes.

I'm a coupon and a grocery app user so I know how much these little savings here and there can add up.

If you've purchased 20 figures so far and always used a $20 code, that's about 2 free figures if you add up those codes. Plus rewards probably gets you a third free figure. So we're talking about $600 there vs if you just paid full price every time.

I have 11 things on PO with SS right now and out of those 6 have a $20 coupon. I have saved a lot over the years using them but i would have still ordered what i ordered without them.

I always found it funny how that $20 is the make or break point for a lot of people on here. I mean, sure it's always nice to save a few bucks, but when I'm considering ordering a $250 figure or $500 statue, that a $20 discount doesn't even figure into the equation. I either want it or I don't. That little discount isn't going to push me to buy something I normally wouldn't.

I have always wondered that as well. The incessant whining when Sideshow suspends the coupons for a month or two is rediculous.

Some of us aren't rich like you to forego $20. Reality check buddy.

Reality check, If $20 is the difference between you getting a figure and passing because of your financial situation, then you probably shouldn't be buying it to begin with.

$20 discount is how I justify buying these. Ludicrous? Absolutely, but it works for me.

Refreshing honesty :clap

Reality check, If $20 is the difference between you getting a figure and passing because of your financial situation, then you probably shouldn't be buying it to begin with.

Excuse me? How you delve into how I do my purchases and finance, it's really none of your business.

Excuse me? How you delve into how I do my purchases and finance, it's really none of your business.

And it wouldn't be had you not done the exact same thing in your comment to enzolt and put it out there :wink1:

$20 is the difference between a good massage and and great massage. Just saying.

I'm a coupon and a grocery app user so I know how much these little savings here and there can add up.

Same here...there's nothing wrong about wanting and using discounts to save some change here and there no matter how big or small the amount may be:dunno:

770d4453724d61c2409b057f8e20c0f38169007b5f64c4bd061e110e4c5b9087.jpg

I was thinking the same thing with he flametrooper. Gonna hold strong though.
Hang in there bud. Think about the figures you really want comparatively haha. I mentally put the QMX Spock on a table next to the FO Tie Pilot and worked it out.

And and to add to the debate, yes, $20 makes a difference. Get off your high horses, please.

Hey guys, this is quite a long thread! Any news on an August code..... or is it official that there will be no more monthly discount codes!? :thud:

Same here...there's nothing wrong about wanting and using discounts to save some change here and there no matter how big or small the amount may be:dunno:

I'm not saying getting a discount is a bad thing, I'm just commenting on the entitlement mentality of some who start bitching and moaning they will never buy from Sideshow again if they won't provide them with a code to use, blah, blah, blah. It seems this thread goes through this every few months and it gets old fast.

Wow! So, that happened. Anyway, I'm not rich, probably shouldn't be buying any of the figures I do. I love saving money just like everyone and I use codes when I can, but I have found that Sideshow is actually the most expensive place (outside of eBay) to purchase from. I live in California, so have to pay tax on top of the high shipping costs. In my experience, even taking the codes and reward points into consideration, it is cheaper to buy from BBTS or Timewalker Toys than Sideshow.

Everybody is free to spend their money as they wish, but don't go making assumptions about me because I find it amusing that people will quibble over a $20 discount on a $250 figure.

And for all those that have saved thousands with $20 codes, that is awesome, but how much have you spent to save that? I'd be willing to bet that you would have bought most of those items regardless of whether you saved $20.

20 bucks is never immediately a deal maker for me, but unless we're talking exclusives I'm always willing to bide my time, holding off for one. And in the interim sometimes I change my mind on a piece that I otherwise get locked into using a code on a preorder. So, the gift cards have had an impact on my buying in this regard.

Back